Ls 400 Gold Package

lovlex

I'm not really sure what "gold package" refers to, but I think my experience with refurbishing my '94 gold emblems might help. Usually, the "packages' shown on Lexstacy and EBay are for replacement "L's" (2) and the "Lexus" rear logo. Since I wanted to also spruce up the gold trim around the radiator, as well as the "button" at the antenna, I tried something different.

I know the "gold package" usually goes for about $100 bucks. But for about $70 bucks, I recommend sending the "L's" and logo out for replating, along with the radiator trim and button. I sure am happy with the result. I also got an "LS 400" logo from an LOC member. This logo came out in '95, but it sure looks great on a Gen 1 LS. If you need the name of a replater, I can give it to you. Best of luck.

Not sure if the 94' is the same as the 90' but my 90' had this and it had the gold grill trim, Lexus emblem on the grille and trunk, antenna base, "Lexus" plate on the trunk, as well as the gold emblems on the wheel center caps.

Is this what you was referring to?

the actual "gold package" is just the grille, emblems, antena base, ands wheel center "L's".

everything that is standard chrome on the regular LS, is Gold with the Gold package......there is no equipment upgrades, just with the standard gold package

now with some of the Ultra Lux, packages they do have the gold package, and therefor would have equipment upgrades, and or add ons.

gold package was generally an aftermarket item where the chrome emblems on the car were remove and re plated{ls 400 lexus , L {front and rear} the problem was the gold wore after a few years and didnt look well. lexus stopped selling it last year. most dealers did not order through lexus but had them plated locally which was cheaper. depend on how much was plated it could include the grill and the centercaps

the actual "gold package" is just the grille, emblems, antena base, ands wheel center "L's".

everything that is standard chrome on the regular LS, is Gold with the Gold package......there is no equipment upgrades, just with the standard gold package

now with some of the Ultra Lux, packages they do have the gold package, and therefor would have equipment upgrades, and or add ons.

• 18 years later...