Fuel Pump Output Question

A 75 shot should be safe but you would want to make sure by using a wideband on a dyno. Start with a 50 shot and check your plugs for few weeks to monitor condition. You can jet up further if things are copesetic. Consult a good tuner and you should have no problems. Worst case is an larger pump will give insurance. But the stock system should be able to handle it with proper installation.

probably not in good tune. It might run slightly rich. As soon as you start changin flow characterstics with intake and exhaust mods, you lean the ratio by some factor regardless. Probably a minimal and insignificant amount, but when you are flirting on the edge with power adders this becomes important. Colder plugs are a good step to take, but you still need to monitor them to make sure they are the correct heat range. I can get flow specs off the stock pump if necessary. It'll be a day or so though. The factory service manuals help imensely when making these kinds of decisions. Typically, oem controls are designed to run as lean as possible. That doesn't mean the mix doesn't go rich at wot, I can't say for sure. I can say that the condition will change between vehicles even of the same model year and make depending on condition and individual differences. Best to use a wideband on chasis dyno before and after the juice installation to compare wot ratio's.

This may be way off base, but I've always thought that 40-45% of stock HP is considered "safe" on almost every application. I figured it was just a good rule of thumb to follow. I could be very wrong on this though.. It's been known to happen.

the nitrous kit im planning on getting will only spray at wot. no need for the flow specs; i wont hassle you with getting them.

40-45% of stock hp justified as being safe actually varies quite a lot. examples:

89-93 5.0 stang: 225hp stock, but can easily and safely exceed 320hp.

00+ f20 s2k: 240hp stock, but you would need to spend a LOT to make it safely make 340hp.

a better measurement, imo, would be stock tq instead of stock hp. all this only applies to na engines though. a 400hp 4g63 wouldnt be as reliable as a 400hp vq35de. then theres displacement; said 400hp 4g63 wouldnt be as reliable as a 400hp 7mgte. then theres a whole 'nother slew of engine design crap, but im getting ahead of myself. :P