98 Gs4 Cell Antenna

I have a 98 gs 400 w/the integrated phone. Mine had that crummy little antenna on the back window until it broke off.It had a tear when I bought the car and eventually fell off.I dont use the phone and hated the antenna anyway so Im gonna take it off.Surely this is a comm. prob. Has anyone taken this off before? All that is left is the peice that held it on the glass.Im going to leave the peice on the inside of the window intact. Also does this ant run through the glass leaving me w/ a hole?

Both the inside and outside parts of a cell phone antenna are stuck to the glass with adhesive. I have never removed an antenna but I would think you could gently pry the base off with a razor blade in a holder. There is no hole in the glass. If you remove the interior part from the glass, be sure to not damage the rear window defogger. If it is an OEM antenna, you can disconnect the cable and tuck the cable above the headliner.

Unless broken, your phone should work for emergency 911 calls for a few more years until analog service is discontinued.