Separate Sub Amp

garyk

Have a question about upgrading the speakers in a Nakamichi system. I replaced the stock 4" speakers in my 1994 SC400 with Infinity 4002I speakers. They sound great but don't have much of a bass punch. The 10" sub works but I have to turn the bass control all the way up to get any bass at all. Is it possible to add a separate amp for the stock sub coming off of the sub speaker wire? How many watts can the stock 5 ohm sub handle? I am not looking for ground shaking bass, just decent sound and I would really like to avoid putting a box in my trunk. Thanx for your advice!

Hi I just did the stereo in my car. I hooked up two new amps using the stock signal wires, there are the four channels in a single coax cable that go to a plug. So if you run power wires your set. I can go in my trunk and tell you the actual colors if you would like. As far as the stock sub, the amp says 100 watts Max, the sub will probably handle more than that, like 100 watts rms.

Ryan

• 2 years later...

Hi I just did the stereo in my car. I hooked up two new amps using the stock signal wires, there are the four channels in a single coax cable that go to a plug. So if you run power wires your set. I can go in my trunk and tell you the actual colors if you would like. As far as the stock sub, the amp says 100 watts Max, the sub will probably handle more than that, like 100 watts rms.

Ryan

What colors did you tap into? I'm looking to bypass the oem sub and oem amp and run after market subs w/amp in the trunk. The main one I'm looking for is the on/off toggle wire

Ryan

What colors did you tap into? I'm looking to bypass the oem sub and oem amp and run after market subs w/amp in the trunk. The main one I'm looking for is the on/off toggle wire

Check out these attachments.SC.zip