Cup Holder Cover 98 Gs400

I need some help. I'm fairly new to the Club, and just recently purchased a beautiful 98 GS400. My wife accidentally dropped some nail polish remover on the top of the cup holder cover, and when I wiped it off, it took off the finish in an area about the size of a nickel. Looks pretty ugly. Anybody have any ideas as to what my options might be. Is there a way to have the cover repainted, and if so where would I find a paint code. Secondly, does anyone know how to remove the cover from the console without disassembling the entire console? I guess my last option would be to order a new cover from my friendly Lexus dealer. I haven't checked with them yet, but it may be difficult to come by the part. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks

I need some help.  I'm fairly new to the Club, and just recently purchased a beautiful 98 GS400.  My wife accidentally dropped some nail polish remover on the top of the cup holder cover, and when I wiped it off, it took off the finish in an area about the size of a nickel.  Looks pretty ugly.  Anybody have any ideas as to what my options might be.  Is there a way to have the cover repainted, and if so where would I find a paint code.  Secondly, does anyone know how to remove the cover from the console without disassembling the entire console?  I guess my last option would be to order a new cover from my friendly Lexus dealer.  I haven't checked with them yet, but it may be difficult to come by the part.  Any help would sure be appreciated.  Thanks

Well since your wife is so handy with the nail polish and acc, you should make her touch it up with her dizzying assortment of nail polishes that I'm sure she has. Why is your wife painting her nails in the car? Is she that bored? hmmm! To answer your question, yes, you can repaint it. Depending on your skills is how good it will look. I think you may be able to pop it out with out removing the whole consolE. I would try that new FUSION paint at walmart, specifically for plastics, next time you and the wife are out buying new nail polish :P

Yeah, really. Nail polish remover......Anyway, here's what I would do. Remove the ashtray. Open, pull assembly from center dash, disconnect wiring harness. Get your fingernails and pull up on the wood trim directly on either side of the heated-seat, VSC, and ETC switches. Once the panel comes up an inch or two, reach under and unplug all the connectors to the switches.

The cupholder is removed from the bottom of the panel with a few phillips screws. If you're lucky, a new cupholder may come with a new lid. If not, take it to the paint shop and have them paint it.

Yeah, really. Nail polish remover......Anyway, here's what I would do. Remove the ashtray. Open, pull assembly from center dash, disconnect wiring harness. Get your fingernails and pull up on the wood trim directly on either side of the heated-seat, VSC, and ETC switches. Once the panel comes up an inch or two, reach under and unplug all the connectors to the switches.

The cupholder is removed from the bottom of the panel with a few phillips screws. If you're lucky, a new cupholder may come with a new lid. If not, take it to the paint shop and have them paint it.

Guy , I couldn't have said it better , That is the correct method , The paint shop will match the paint code. :whistles: