Electrical Problem

My 1993 GS 300 has lost power to the windows, power locks, seats, and telescoping steering.  I first thought a fuse, but all seem to be OK.  Does anyone know of a common link between all these components (fusible link, connector, ??)

Check your battery connections and doublecheck all fuses under the hood and on the drivers side. Does the car start fine? :o

• 3 weeks later...
My 1993 GS 300 has lost power to the windows, power locks, seats, and telescoping steering.  I first thought a fuse, but all seem to be OK.  Does anyone know of a common link between all these components (fusible link, connector, ??)

Check your battery connections and doublecheck all fuses under the hood and on the drivers side. Does the car start fine? :o

Car starts and runs fine. I have since discovered a 30 amp fusible link (heavy duty fuse?) and a 7.5 amp fuse that keep blowing. Has anyone had a similar problem? What was the cause?

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

How long have you had the car ,it may be their and you don;t even know causing the gremlins.

Good thought. To my knowledge, there is not an aftermarket alarm. It does have the factory alarm, with the indicator to the left of the steering column.

I've owned the GS 300 for one year. The former owner did have an aftermarket stereo, but put the original back in before I purchased it. This problem cropped up about 8 months after I bought it. No previous problems.

Thanks for your help!

Rick