Side Rv Mirrors And Reverse

Victor

I suppose I could look this up in the manual but I'm just curious. I've owned my 2002 LX470 for almost 3 months now. About a week ago, I noticed that when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, the side rear view mirrors automatically move down to aid visibility when in reverse. This is a very cool feature, but what's puzzling is that it just started happening about a week ago. I'm sure after almost 3 months I would have noticed this before, so it makes me wonder if there was a problem that fixed itself or somehow I toggled a switch somewhere that activated it. It also makes me wonder about any other cool features I'm missing out on. I know, I know, read the manual. Somtimes it's easy to pass over these little tidbits.

I'm in the dark on this one. :ph34r:

Victor

If the mirror adjust switch is left in the center position, the side view mirrors will not tilt when the auto is shifted into reverse. In the right or left position, mirror tilting is operational. You probably had left the adjust switch in the center position until recently.

If the mirror adjust switch is left in the center position, the side view mirrors will not tilt when the auto is shifted into reverse.  In the right or left position, mirror tilting is operational.  You probably had left the adjust switch in the center position until recently.

Thanks Glenn,

Mystery solved. I guess I should pull out all of the manuals and start reviewing them again in case I missed anything else.

Victor :D

If the mirror adjust switch is left in the center position, the side view mirrors will not tilt when the auto is shifted into reverse.  In the right or left position, mirror tilting is operational.  You probably had left the adjust switch in the center position until recently.

Thanks Glenn,

Mystery solved. I guess I should pull out all of the manuals and start reviewing them again in case I missed anything else.

Victor :D

DOn't feel bad. It was almost 4 months before the car wash people hit my mirror switch out of the center position and mine started moving! <vbg>

• 8 years later...

Note: recently found low battery can reset setting from either L or R back to neutral. Other forums showed same symptoms, which was resolved after battery replacement. In my case, I had just added distiller water to battery. After setting my mirror selection to L, I drove car for a short period of time. Then car was shut off, restarted a few minutes later to show selection was still on L.

Note: recently found low battery can reset setting from either L or R back to neutral. Other forums showed same symptoms, which was resolved after battery replacement. In my case, I had just added distiller water to battery. After setting my mirror selection to L, I drove car for a short period of time. Then car was shut off, restarted a few minutes later to show selection was still on L.