Remote Starter

vyhanh

Hi,

With winter fast approaching, has anybody installed the remote starter on 91 LS400? Is it DIY ? The package advertizes that the trunk can be popped with this unit. Is it possible since we lost the trunk key and we have to pull the lever whenever we want to open the trunk!

Thanks

VH

04 X5 4.4

99 ML320

91 LS400

92 Prelude

91 Galant

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Viper unit installed on my 91LS. I don't think it would be terribly complicated if you were knowledgeable about electronics, but I paid a shop that does it all the time. $325 or so installed last year. It's awesome. Nothing quite as miserable as sitting in your Lexus letting it warm up when it is 0° out and you are freezing yourself out.

yeah, true that, you should also get one with a big radius, i have a 1.5 mile radius it also makes u sleep better at nite:) i mean in my case i have a 2way alarm, it communicates with the remote and shows the status of the car on the screen

yeah, true that, you should also get one with a big radius, i have a 1.5 mile radius it also makes u sleep better at nite:) i mean in my case i have a 2way alarm, it communicates with the remote and shows  the status of the car on the screen

Compustar spread spectrum?