Battery Cable Acid?

TMaxxTim

Well I had to replace a bolt on my battery connectors today. My car died twice on me because the bolt was so corroded I couldn't tighten it so it would loosen and the car would lose all power :(

I sanded the battery connector down and the terminal down on the cable, any spray or goup or something I can put on it to prevent corrosion from happening again? It did it to me this morning and the acid was sizzling!!! AHH!

Luckily I got the new bolt tight enough to lift the car with so I won't be having the car die on my any more hopefully!

Why don't you just replace the batt. and connectors? It's not real exspensive and would be a more perm. fix to you problem.

The battery's expensive to fix!! I'll try some of the felt washers and make a visit to auto-zone today or tomorrow. Thx!

Why don't you just replace the batt. and connectors? It's not real exspensive and would be a more perm. fix to you problem.

The battery's expensive to fix!! I'll try some of the felt washers and make a visit to auto-zone today or tomorrow. Thx!

Spray down with WD-40....