Nos And Oil Filters

I've got a 98 gs 400 that I purchased about a year ago. I service it mostly myself and was wondering if anyone else uses a fram PH8A on their GS's instead of the rec PH3614 or factory filter. By using it I can fill it with 7 qt's of oil ( I fill it about 3/4 full before installing it to avoid low oil pres while waiting for it to fill on startup)and it ends up about 1/8" above full on the dipstick. I'm slowly fixing it up and have Intraxx springs and bars with KYB shocks, TRD strut tower brace, L-Tuned steering ECU, Borla ex and K&N FIPK Kit. I was wondering if anyone could offer advise on which of the Nitrous system's seems to work best, as far as ease of installation and use on a stock motor/trans. PS anyone know, how hard is it to replace the rear diff with the LSD diff I've seen advertised for the GS..

I've got a 98 gs 400 that I purchased about a year ago. I service it  mostly myself and was wondering if anyone else uses a fram PH8A on their GS's instead of the rec PH3614 or factory filter. By using it I can fill it with 7 qt's of oil ( I fill it about 3/4 full before installing it to avoid low oil pres while waiting for it to fill on startup)and it ends up about 1/8" above full on the dipstick. I'm slowly fixing it up and have Intraxx springs and bars with KYB shocks, TRD strut tower brace, L-Tuned steering ECU, Borla ex and K&N FIPK Kit. I was wondering if anyone could offer advise on which of the Nitrous system's seems to work best, as far as ease of installation and use on a stock motor/trans. PS anyone know, how hard is it to replace the rear diff with the LSD diff I've seen advertised for the GS..

Hate to tell you this FRAM is crap and their filters have been proven to be time and time again. The walmart brand filters are better than FRAM, just check the specs on the side of the box or do some research on the net, you'lll see. I belong to 2 other boards 300zx and Suzuki Hayabusa and we have seen coountless problems with FRAM FILTERS. Stick with stock. B)

I HAVE A 98 GS400 I ADDED K&N FIPK INTAKE SYSTEM, SRT PIGGY BACK ECU, AND ALSO 130 SHOT WET NITRIOUS SYSTEM WITH PURGE KIT, WARMER, AND REMOTE BOTTLER OPENER. IT IS FAST AND RELIABLE. DYNO TUNE IT AND THE FUEL IS RICH AND HEALTHLY. I'M GOING TO A 150 SHOT. RIGHT NOW MY GS W/NIT IS MAKING 500 HORSE. LOW 13'S ONCE 12.88 1/4 MILE. YOU CAN PUSH 130 WET W/O THE PIGGY BACK ECU.

gs400r how long have u been running the nos and how often.I also have a 98 gs 4 and have been considering nos but im not very familiar with the different systems.this set up your running sounds pretty good is it?and how much does that set up cost?I have the srt intake w/ecu is this the same piggyback your talking about?

I HAVE A 98 GS400 I ADDED K&N FIPK INTAKE SYSTEM, SRT PIGGY BACK ECU, AND ALSO 130 SHOT WET NITRIOUS SYSTEM WITH PURGE KIT, WARMER, AND REMOTE BOTTLER OPENER. IT IS FAST AND RELIABLE. DYNO TUNE IT AND THE FUEL IS RICH AND HEALTHLY. I'M GOING TO A 150 SHOT. RIGHT NOW MY GS W/NIT IS MAKING 500 HORSE. LOW 13'S ONCE 12.88 1/4 MILE. YOU CAN PUSH 130 WET W/O THE PIGGY BACK ECU.

You do N O T have 500hp. :glare:

I've got a 98 gs 400 that I purchased about a year ago. I service it  mostly myself and was wondering if anyone else uses a fram PH8A on their GS's instead of the rec PH3614 or factory filter. By using it I can fill it with 7 qt's of oil ( I fill it about 3/4 full before installing it to avoid low oil pres while waiting for it to fill on startup)and it ends up about 1/8" above full on the dipstick. I'm slowly fixing it up and have Intraxx springs and bars with KYB shocks, TRD strut tower brace, L-Tuned steering ECU, Borla ex and K&N FIPK Kit. I was wondering if anyone could offer advise on which of the Nitrous system's seems to work best, as far as ease of installation and use on a stock motor/trans. PS anyone know, how hard is it to replace the rear diff with the LSD diff I've seen advertised for the GS..

Hate to tell you this FRAM is crap and their filters have been proven to be time and time again. The walmart brand filters are better than FRAM, just check the specs on the side of the box or do some research on the net, you'lll see. I belong to 2 other boards 300zx and Suzuki Hayabusa and we have seen coountless problems with FRAM FILTERS. Stick with stock. B)

Hey turbogs300 just to let you know I'm changing to a WIX 51515 on my next oil chg just to try it out, Ive got 4 cars and have used frams for years w/o any trbl, one car 84 Supra bought new and leaned on( I use the PH8A on it too for the added oil/filter capacity) and I've got almost 300,000 on it and haven't had any major work and doesn't even burn enough oil to add between chgs of course I do maintain my cars pretty well and oh yeah GO BUSA