New Gx - Dvd Not Factory Installed

NJLexus

My husband and I just picked up our new GX this weekend. The DVD was "included" in our "deal". We soon realized when we got home that the DVD is not the Factory Installed one, but it is an AudioVox. Did this happen to anyone else?

Never expect this kind of thing happens to LEXUS. Ridiculous way to treat customer. Post market product can't fully intigrate with original factory Navigation and DVD system, such as watching DVD on both screen at the same time....

I would be upset if they did that to me. I like the fact that my factory Rear DVD system is fully integrated into the vehicle. If I have a single CD I want to play, instead of going in the glovebox and putting it in the 6 disc magazine, I can just reach back and slide it in the DVD/CD Slot in the center console, and listen to it that way. Being able to listen to any of the other sources separatly in back, i.e., Radio, cd changer, using the supplied wireless headphones, while the front seta passengers listen to the source they want, is also nice.

The factory unit allows the DVD navigation to be displayed on both front and rear screens as well. What kind of functionality does the Audiovox unit give you?

My husband and I just picked up our new GX this weekend.  The DVD was "included" in our "deal".  We soon realized when we got home that the DVD is not the Factory Installed one, but it is an AudioVox.  Did this happen to anyone else?

Out here in the Bay Area, there is a TV Action Line for consumer protection. Maybe you have the equivalent out there. No business wants to end up being talked about on the TV news.

What exactly does "included" and "deal" mean. If you didn't pay for the factory installed DVD rear entertainment option and it's not listed on the window sticker as an option, what was the agreement with the dealership?

My husband and I just picked up our new GX this weekend.  The DVD was "included" in our "deal".  We soon realized when we got home that the DVD is not the Factory Installed one, but it is an AudioVox.  Did this happen to anyone else?

Out here in the Bay Area, there is a TV Action Line for consumer protection. Maybe you have the equivalent out there. No business wants to end up being talked about on the TV news.

What exactly does "included" and "deal" mean. If you didn't pay for the factory installed DVD rear entertainment option and it's not listed on the window sticker as an option, what was the agreement with the dealership?

To tell you the truth it is possible that the audiovox integrates into the system better than the factory one. Can you actually turn on the DVD without breaking your back from the front seat?? <_<

To tell you the truth it is possible that the audiovox integrates into the system better than the factory one.  Can you actually turn on the DVD without breaking your back from the front seat??  <_<

Yes, you can. The DVD slot is located in the center console, and is easily reached from the driver seat. Just select the DVD input on the audio touch panel screen, and you can watche, listen and control the dvd from the front seat. (parking brake must be on for front visual of DVD to work). To see the DVD in the back seat screen, just push the button on the ceiling that releases the screen to flip down.

The DVD itself, forward, stop, pause, etc, can be controlled from eithe the back seat screen with remote control, or from the front touch screen.

Did I ask the wrong question????? Hello?????

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a gx470 june 1 , i paid for the works , dvd, nag sys, prem audio, rear seat ent, 3rd row seating and the spoiler. I was asked by the salesman if i would take delivery on one without the dvd in it. The dealer stated they would put the dvd player in. I assumed that the dvd would be "OEM" equip. Well once the car finally arrived on the 15th the dealer installed an aftermarker dvd. Wow wrong move, by doing this it took away all of the rear seat functions. And I do mean everything. I wasn't able to use 78pages of th emanual because of this. I called the dealer and stated i wasn;t satisfied with this , since i spent 50k. The dealer had the nerve to tell me this is what i ordered. Why would i. The dealer stated they found one that matches my color , it has all the oem equip i originally ordered by its in Ohio. the dealer stated stated they would take the hit on the car be used now and the transportation cost of the new car which is $600 , but they wanted me to pay $ 551.00 for the spoiler. Wow!!!!!!!!!!! They even had nerve to say I was 50% at fault. Well fortunately i Stood my ground and refused to play another dime. I will be recieving mY new car in a couple of days > The car i ORIGINALLY ordered. tO ALL DON'T ALLOW THE DEALER TO INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET DVD PLAYER. IT TAKES ALWAY FROM YOUR FUNCTIONS. ALSO STAND YOUR GROUND WITH THESE SHADY !Removed! DEALERS . PEACE OUT :

I purchased a gx470 june 1 , i paid for the works , dvd, nag sys, prem audio, rear seat ent, 3rd row seating and the spoiler. I was asked by the salesman if i would take delivery on one without the dvd in it. The dealer stated they would put the dvd player in. I assumed that the dvd would be "OEM" equip. Well once the car finally arrived on the 15th the dealer installed an aftermarker dvd. Wow wrong move, by doing this it took away all of the rear seat functions. And I do mean everything. I wasn't able to use 78pages of th emanual because of this. I called the dealer and stated i wasn;t satisfied with this , since i spent 50k. The dealer had the nerve to tell me this is what i ordered. Why would i. The dealer stated they found one that matches my color , it has all the oem equip i originally ordered by its in Ohio. the dealer stated stated they would take the hit on the car be used now and the transportation cost of the new car which is $600 , but they wanted me to pay $ 551.00 for the spoiler. Wow!!!!!!!!!!! They even had nerve to say I was 50% at fault. Well fortunately i Stood my ground and refused to play another dime. I will be recieving mY new car in a couple of days > The car i ORIGINALLY ordered. tO ALL DON'T ALLOW THE DEALER TO INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET DVD PLAYER. IT TAKES ALWAY FROM YOUR FUNCTIONS. ALSO STAND YOUR GROUND WITH THESE SHADY !Removed! DEALERS . PEACE OUT :

wow, take it easy there. so you had the dealer take back ur Gx in for the correct GX then?? :geek: