90k Service For 1994 Es 300

DKRC-2003

The vehicle maintenance schedule for my 94 ES only goes to 60K...

I took it to the dealer this week and got a copy of all the service records (I bought the car last month), it has had all the recommended service done that was listed in the book through 60K and appears to have had all the service done from 60K through 85K (in 5K increments). The vehicle was sold with 91K on the odo with an oil change and I had the oil changed this week with 96K. It does not appear to have had the 90K service completed.

Does anyone have a service manual for this year model w/ the recommended PM?

from deducing from my VMS, i am estimating that I will need the following for 90K:

Check & Adjust Valve Cleareance

REPLACE Timing Belt

REPLACE Drive Belt

Change Oil / Filter

Change Engine Coolant

Inspect Exhaust Pipes & Mountings

REPLACE Air Filter

Inspect Fuel Lines & Connections

REPLACE Fuel Tank Cap Gasket <<at 90K or 120K? was last done @ 60K

REPLACE Spark Plugs <<at 90K or 120K? SAA

Inspect Charcoal Canister

Inspect Brake Linings/Drums

Inspect Brake Pads/Discs

REPLACE Brake Fluid

Inspect Brake Line Pipes & Hoses

Inspect Steering Gear Box (Leakage)

Inspect Steering Linkage

Inspect Ball Joints & Dust Covers

Inspect Drive Shaft Boots

REPLACE ATF Fluid (filter also?)

REPLACE Differential Fluid

Inspect Nuts/Bolts on Chassis

Inspect Body

Road Test

Inspect Battery

Set Tire Pressure

Rotate Tires

Also, from reading other posts, I take it that replacing the water pump is also a good idea. The Lexus dealer told me that the 90K service is around $1,300. Your thoughts, opinions, experiences? Thanks!

The vehicle maintenance schedule for my 94 ES only goes to 60K...

I took it to the dealer this week and got a copy of all the service records (I bought the car last month), it has had all the recommended service done that was listed in the book through 60K and appears to have had all the service done from 60K through 85K (in 5K increments).  The vehicle was sold with 91K on the odo with an oil change and I had the oil changed this week with 96K.  It does not appear to have had the 90K service completed.

Does anyone have a service manual for this year model w/ the recommended PM?

from deducing from my VMS, i am estimating that I will need the following for 90K:

Check & Adjust Valve Cleareance

REPLACE Timing Belt

REPLACE Drive Belt

Change Oil / Filter

Change Engine Coolant

Inspect Exhaust Pipes & Mountings

REPLACE Air Filter

Inspect Fuel Lines & Connections

REPLACE Fuel Tank Cap Gasket <<at 90K or 120K? was last done @ 60K

REPLACE Spark Plugs <<at 90K or 120K? SAA

Inspect Charcoal Canister

Inspect Brake Linings/Drums

Inspect Brake Pads/Discs

REPLACE Brake Fluid

Inspect Brake Line Pipes & Hoses

Inspect Steering Gear Box (Leakage)

Inspect Steering Linkage

Inspect Ball Joints & Dust Covers

Inspect Drive Shaft Boots

REPLACE ATF Fluid (filter also?)

REPLACE Differential Fluid

Inspect Nuts/Bolts on Chassis

Inspect Body

Road Test

Inspect Battery

Set Tire Pressure

Rotate Tires

Also, from reading other posts, I take it that replacing the water pump is also a good idea.  The Lexus dealer told me that the 90K service is around $1,300.  Your thoughts, opinions, experiences?  Thanks!

yes replace the Water Pump. they ar in there, if they dont than its really a wast of time in money IMO, cause they will be bcak in there shortly...murphy's law.

$1,300 is a pretty good deal for all work performed.

90k service is alot of stuff that gets done.

Maybe I am price warry, but there is a lot of "inspects" in the list for $1,300. the price is average but Lexus is overpriced in my eyes.

I would just have them to the timing belt and water pump (and belt tentioner if needed) and do the rest yourself. That is what I am doing next year at 90K. It will be around $250 for timing belt and another $200 for water pump. The plugs and wires I did for $90 with OEM wires and Denco plugs...

Below is a list of parts you would need and there RETAIL price.

The Fuel tank gasket is like $2.50

Air filter $8.00 for aftermarket or $16 for OEM

Collant is like $15 for RO/DI water and proper EG collant

Brake fluid i like $4 for DOT 4

ATF (synthetiuc) is like $36 + $24 for filter w/gasket

Diff fluid (synthetic ATF) is done with ATF fluid chg, add $10

Air in Tires FREE

Rotate tires is FREE and take about 10 minutes.

So with the above parts that you can buy, you could save about $700 and takes about 3 hours..I am more "dealer hands off"..

I have done eveything myself but having them to the pump, timing belt and normal belts.

$1300 is WAY high for the 90k on an ES300. Thats about what the 90k on a V8 Lexus costs, and at least around here thats going to be significantly more than a V6 one. I think my dealer quoted me $800 or so for the 90k.

$1300 is WAY high for the 90k on an ES300. Thats about what the 90k on a V8 Lexus costs, and at least around here thats going to be significantly more than a V6 one. I think my dealer quoted me $800 or so for the 90k.

Yeah around $800 is right. Check the owners manual for all that is included in the service.

Yeah around $800 is right. Check the owners manual for all that is included in the service.

$1300 is too much for this service. If you are willing to make a trip to Dallas, We can save you some money. Keep this in mind, most of the items listed they don't usually do 90% of the time.

JPI

• 2 weeks later...

This is a copy of what Lexus of Austin quoted me for both the 90K service on my 1994 ES 300 ($299) and for replacing the timing belt/water pump ($1042):

TIMING BELT $57.80

WATERPUMP $100.84

COOLANT $16.21

SEALS $8.27

BELT $20.11

BELT $14.39

TENSIONER $49.49

TOTAL PARTS $267.11

LABOR $753.67

TAX $22.04

TOTAL COST TIMING BELT PACKAGE $1042.82

90K SERVICE (OIL CHANGE, COOLANT SERVICE,AIR FILTER, BRAKE FLUID FLUSH, DRAIN AND FILL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL, TIRE ROTATION, BRAKE INSPECTION, INSPECTION OF SUSPENSION, FUEL SYSTEM, STEERING LINKAGES, CAR WASH, LOANER CAR, TEST DRIVE)

TOTAL COST $299.95

Maybe some of you saw my post about buying a '93 ES300 and my thinking I was taken for a ride. I just went to a mechanic and had it gone over. Here's what he said.

Front three pistons had a compression reading of 190, which he said was excellent. But, it needs the following:

Front and rear valve cover gaskets: $600.00 labor. (Includes timing belt and water pump labor) There is oil all over the bottom of the chassis.

Transmission pan gasket and svc. $175.00 labor. (Includes oil pan gasket labor)

Brakes (all four) $225.00 labor.

Rear struts (said fronts can wait 2 yrs.) $125.00 labor.

Power Steering Pump $125.00 labor.

Total $1,250.00 labor.

Parts: (My guess)

Valve cover gaskets: $58.00

Trans. pan gasket $25.00

Brakes $92.00

Water pump $80.00

Timing belt $59.00

Power Steer. Pump $160.00

Approx Total $474.00

TOTAL Total :) $1,724.00

Does this sound about right, or ??? He said it would take two days. I priced the parts at Kragen.com and used the most expensive parts, except they don't have KYB struts, so I used Monroe pricing (most expensive).

The mechanic is going to get his prices and we'll compare. The seller said he would get me Lexus parts at cost, but their water pump cost is 141.00 and power steering pump is 340.00.

I'll take all advise you guys can throw at me!

Thanks!