Rx Stereos

Husker4theSpurs

Went to the dealership yesterday to listen to the Mark Levinson, but the one they had the day before had been sold. Still had the chance to listen closely to the base stereo for the first time.

I think it sounds pretty solid in the front seats, but there aren't enough lows in the rear seating areas ... all the bass is up front.

I'm also surprised that Levinson didn't put a subwoofer in the Levinson package on the RX. Anyone else have anything to add?

Generally subwoofers are hard to add to SUV systems because of the higher interior volume, they wind up drowning the rear passengers and vibrating cargo. The ML systems in all of the cars have a subwoofer. The ML is a good system, but probably unless you listen to a lot of classical music or listen very loud the base stereo is fine.

Went to the dealership yesterday to listen to the Mark Levinson, but the one they had the day before had been sold.  Still had the chance to listen closely to the base stereo for the first time.

I think it sounds pretty solid in the front seats, but there aren't enough lows in the rear seating areas ... all the bass is up front.

I'm also surprised that Levinson didn't put a subwoofer in the Levinson package on the RX.  Anyone else have anything to add?

Don't listen to SW03ES because he is obviously a Lexus plant. The radio sucks just like the tranny. Look over alternatives or find rx buyers in your hood and they will tell you 90% that the tranny SUCKS!!

Oh please. Please refer to the posting guidelines you agreed to when you joined our site. If you cannot behave like an adult, you're not welcome here. First and final warning.

For what its worth I have absolutely no affiliation with Lexus, I own my own customer service and marketing consulting business. How would I work for Lexus living in Washington D.C.? And even if I WERE a Lexus plant, that would make my opinion on the two stereos invalid? Wouldn't I want to talk up the most expensive stereo?

Just because I like my car doesn't make me a Lexus plant, these are the highest rated best selling luxury cars out there so someone, somewhere must like theirs too. I understand and respect that you're frustrated but that doesn't give you the right to go around accusing people of being things they're not and hijacking threads to voice your displeasure, that won't be tolerated here.

Don't listen to SW03ES because he is obviously a Lexus plant. The radio sucks just like the tranny. Look over alternatives or find rx buyers in your hood and they will tell you 90% that the tranny SUCKS!!

Gary,

please read the Forum Guidelines - top right hand corner.

The number one rule around here is be polite, and personal attacks against Steve (or any another member) like this will never be tolerated.

Also, please try to keep to the discussion topic.

I cannot see what the RX transmission (good or bad) has to do with the car stereo.

I wasn't all that impressed with the base stereo - the AM side sounds very muddy. CDs, etc. sound ok, but nothing special. I would have expected better in a $40K car, but it's mainly my wife's car, and she doesn't care.

Gary,

please read the Forum Guidelines - top right hand corner.

The number one rule around here is be polite, and personal attacks against Steve (or any another member) like this will never be tolerated.

Also, please try to keep to the discussion topic.

I cannot see what the RX transmission (good or bad) has to do with the car stereo.

i agree :whistles: