Noobish Tire Question

i need to replace the 2 front tires on the car. i don't want to blow a load on this for now so i will just order 2 tires.

is it bad to mix tires? the car came with goodyear eagle rs-a (z-rated)

i was gonna rotate the rears to the front and get a pair of continental extremecontacts (V-rated) to put on the rear for better snow traction (winter coming!)

is this good or bad?

I just got two new Yokohama AVS ES100's 245/45/16's for the rear. Set me back by $250 so I was going to wait before changing out the front Goodyear 225/55/16 Eagle's. It does kinda feel funny coz the rear ones are wider but not funny enough to warrant another couple hundred. The front ones still have a lot of tread on them. I am hoping I'll be fine.

What type of Eagles do you have on the fronts? LS, GT, ect?

I can tell you from driving vehicles with the AVS ES100's that they are a DRASTIC improvement over the LS's and GT.

Some of the other Eagles out there are a pretty close match however (F1 GS-D3 for example). With the current setup you have the worst thing that may happen is you'll see some more understeer because the rears are out performing the fronts.