Just Got A Lx 470

odoyle

hello

i recently purchased a 98 lx 470. we are very happy with it so far. i am new to this forum. any advice would be greatly appreciated. i need a set of factory shop manuals. called my local dealer but price was pretty steep. does anyone know of a better contact for the manuals? a friend of mine got some factory manuals on cd for his range rover on a land rover forum. does anyone know of a contact for lexus? i also need to replace the brakes. for sure pads maybe rotors, haven't measured them yet. wanted to stay with OE brands. any good online parts contacts? thanks for the help. i've already gotten some good info from this board.

owen

For the 98, I believe the Land Cruiser Factory Service Manual (FSM) would be very similar to the 470 manual (and might be a bit less expensive). This is not necessarily true for the latter year 470s.

For OEM parts (most mechanical Lexus parts will be the same as Land Cruiser parts) -- look at the 100 series forum on www.ih8mud.com. There's a guy there who's very knowledgeable of Land Cruisers and is a great source for parts. I get all my parts from him.

I wouldn't recommend the CDs that you'll come across for the Land Cruiser and/or LX 470 that you might find -- they're no where close to being as good as the FSM.

hello again

thanks for the info. dougjohn i went to ih8mud.com but didn't have any luck finding the parts guy you recomended. do you have his name,email address, or website? i'll give the techinfo 800 number a call tomorrow. jpinkert i tried searching ebay for manuals4you but didn't have any luck. i tried different variations of it spaces, dashes, for/4, but no luck. could it be under something else? thanks again for all the help.

owen

Owen,

Look for the American Toyota banner that rotates on the forum web page or look in the vendors section for a thread on contacting CruiserDan.

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't go through. If you send me an email at douglassjohnson@gmail.com -- I'll provide the contact info to you in a reply.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...