Going To The Dealer Fri.

Im going to the stealer fri. and need some help?1st Ive got the shake in my brakes that everyone is complaning about that isnt really a brake prob.Ive heard some talk about a stabilizier bar or a poss. bushing to look for .2nd Ive heard of the 98 gs400 ecu being able to be reprogrammed to eliminate the hesitation when u first hit the gas.Is this poss?

My thoughts:

the shake caused by the suspension piece should only be felt when NOT on the brakes.

Shakes when on the brakes are more than likely going to me MORE caused by the rotors. (admittedly, the worn bar bushings probably aren't helping though)

It's a diagonal bar that I believe goes from the back side of the front suspension and mounts towards the middle of the car. (like it's pointing to the opposite corner rear wheel)

I have not heard of an ECU correction for the hesitation. I have only heard of people (myself included) driving almost 100% in Power Mode, and with VSC OFF.

You could then pull the fuse for the ECU as well for about 30 min and then be sure to drive 'spiritedly' for quite a while.

I have an L tuned susp and cross drilled slotted brembos w/ ceramics I know its not the brakes. there is a shake from 60 -70 w/o the brakes but when u hit the brakes its terrible.I do reset my ecu quite often but for the power mode I drive hard as it is I need some gas mileage.

I know its not the brakes and I dont care what it is but :censored:  I cant stand it anymore

sure sounds like brakes to me. bad rotors can vibrate even when not braking.

reseting ecu helps reduce that lag between gears when driving normal.

Maybe stealer was the wrong choice of words.I forgot to mention that while they spent 4 hrs on it they put me in a brand new RX330,checked out the whole front end,brought my steering back to center alligned it,and ran a complete diagnosis,for FREE maybe i shouldnt call them a stealer anymore.Thanks Tom Wood Lexus.

Maybe stealer was the wrong choice of words.I forgot to mention that while they spent 4 hrs on it they put me in a brand new RX330,checked out the whole front end,brought my steering back to center alligned it,and ran a complete diagnosis,for FREE maybe i shouldnt call them a stealer anymore.Thanks Tom Wood Lexus.

now thats how Lexus service should be :cheers: