Stupid

I am so stupid! I left the windex in my car after cleaning the windows and the lid came off. It spilt on my back seat and now there is a spot that is way lighter then the rest. :cries: I have no idea what i am going to do. I can't believe that the lid unscrewed. What the heck is that all about? :angry: Anyway i just wanted to remind people that when you are done with your windex take it out of your car or put it in the trunk because it is not good on leather. Oh yeah and it now smells in my car. :(

You're not even supposed to use windex unless it says No ammonia. Bad for cars :D

Not even on the windows? :unsure: I heard that you are not supposed to use it on the outside of your windshield, but i thought everywhere else was fine.

its only if you have tinted windows your not supposed to use it.

i use Invisible Glass. it comes in an aresol can. autozone, $2.99

it works better than any other glass cleaner ihave ever seen, for half the price.

Jill, try some more windex on the areas adjacent to the ultra-clean area. See if you can't blend that area in.

Another thought is that the leather may just be extremely dried out due to the windex. Try a quality leather moisteriser on that area.

I'm grabbin at straws here.

steviej

its only if you have tinted windows your not supposed to use it.

i use Invisible Glass.  it comes in an aresol can.  autozone, $2.99

it works better than any other glass cleaner ihave ever seen, for half the price.

Well my back window is tinted. All of it was tinted at one time, but in Pennsylvania it was to dark so it had to be taken off. You can't even get it inspected if it is to dark. <_< It is now back to factory.

I am going to have to get some invisible glass. I like the idea of the aerosol can.

Thanks ArmyofOne! :)

Jill, try some more windex on the areas adjacent to the ultra-clean area.  See if you can't blend that area in. 

Another thought is that the leather may just be extremely dried out due to the windex.  Try a quality leather moisteriser on that area. 

I'm grabbin at straws here.

steviej

Stevie,

I thought about doing that with the windex, but i was scared. LOL :D I think that i am going to try the leather moisturizer. I don't know i just hope that something works. I am about ready to cry. :cries:

You're not even supposed to use windex unless it says No ammonia. Bad for cars :D

Not even on the windows? :unsure: I heard that you are not supposed to use it on the outside of your windshield, but i thought everywhere else was fine.

the ammonia overspray is bad for your dash, door panels, seats etc. that's why it's best to avoid

And also I've found just in general Windex doesn't work well as glass cleaners go. I've used Invisible Glass but the aerosol spray makes it go everywhere. I use Eagle One's 20/20 with great results.

And also I've found just in general Windex doesn't work well as glass cleaners go. I've used Invisible Glass but the aerosol spray makes it go everywhere. I use Eagle One's 20/20 with great results.

Where do you get the eagle 20/20? Have you had any luck with any of the glass wipes?

thanks

Where do you get the eagle 20/20? Have you had any luck with any of the glass wipes?

Most auto supply stores carry this product.

i still prefer invisible glass.

Step 1: Clean Glass

Step 2: Armorall Dashboard/door panels etc.

this ensures that you dont leave the invisible glass on any interior parts. the only drawback to this is that if you get armor all on the glas, you have to do it again.

ivisible glass will not harm the interior...it doesnt have the ammonia, like windex does.

EDIT: didnt mean to offend you SW03ES, that wasnt directed at you...it was just a general satement, i didnt mean in any way to make it as if it was directed it you. my fault entirely. i edited the post.

i still prefer invisible glass, it works great. if you have any kind of hand eye coordination, you can get it only ont he windows...

inivisible glass will not harm the interior...it doesnt have the ammonia, like windex does.

First of all I don't really appreciate that, I do have hand eye coordination I just don't care for the product, thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Second of all I don't spray products onto the interior surfaces for two reasons. 1. it makes a mess. Glass cleaner gets on the dash, dash protectant gets on the glass. 2. Its an impercise way to do it, you waste too much product. To do windows I spray glass cleaner on a paper towel and spread it around, then wipe clean with a ultrafine glass MF. For other products I use terry applicators to apply and an MF to dry. As for protectant I think a shiny dash looks cheesey so I only apply a very matte dressing to protect once a month or so, so I couldn't use ArmorAll to hide overspray. Thats another reason invisible glass doesn't work for me, the foaming cleanser makes it difficult to apply by towel. You like it and thats fine, but the reason it doesn't work for me is not that I don't know how to use it, I don't think its a good product and thats my opinion.

Also, ANY glass cleaner will damage interior components if left on them too long, ammonia or not. Glass cleaner contains a lot of chemical agents that will take the color out of interior trim peices. I really wouldn't let it overspray. That goes for the exterior too, glass cleaner will pitt the paint real quick not to mention if it oversprays and you wipe it off it will remove the wax coating from that area.

Chuck- Yeah you can get the 20/20 at any car parts store. While you're there see if they have any glass microfibers they work the best at getting a streak free shine, aside from newspaper.

steve-I didn't know they made mf towels for just windows. Sometimes I just use a dry mf on windows w/good results if they aren't that bad.

I also agree shiney dash looks cheesey. I use meg. natural shine and wipe off excess w/a mf. works great.

chuck

post-11467-1097340864_thumb.jpg

i still prefer invisible glass, it works great.

inivisible glass will not harm the interior...it doesnt have the ammonia, like windex does.

First of all I don't really appreciate that, I do have hand eye coordination I just don't care for the product, thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

my bad dude, wasnt directed at you. you have a PMin which i explained. i also edited the original post. sorry, i didnt mean to make it look like it was directed at you. you have hepled me quite a bit, theres no reason for me to be that way :blink: sorry man.

i just use newspaper for that...i dont see the reason to use the xtra $, but, your perogative.

I keep a roll of Kleenex Viva paper towels and Turtle Wax ClearVue Professional Auto Glass Cleaner in my trunk. It's inexpensive and works great. Give that a try, and if you don't like it, I'll buy it back from you. heehee :D

Here are some users reviews: http://www.epinions.com/auto-Care-All-Glas...isplay_~reviews

i just use newspaper for that...i dont see the reason to use the xtra $, but, your perogative.

I keep a roll of Kleenex Viva paper towels and Turtle Wax ClearVue Professional Auto Glass Cleaner in my trunk. It's inexpensive and works great. Give that a try, and if you don't like it, I'll buy it back from you. heehee :D

Here are some users reviews: http://www.epinions.com/auto-Care-All-Glas...isplay_~reviews

well youhave to remeber, my car is 15 years old and looks like !Removed! anyways. but you know.

i will be getting the windows tinted (probably the rear only) this week. then th fronts will follow. and before anyone points out that the window tint will not make the outside of the paint peeling 15 year old car look any better, it will help protect the nearly MINT interior...thast the purpose behind it.