140,000 Miles On Oe Pcv Valve...niiiice *pix*

DCP02137.sized.jpg

THATS *AHEM* HALF of my PCV valve. i went to a mechanic today nearby. i had that done and my tranny fluid drained and filled (needed it..Tranny fluid was BLACK) he said that he was anex toyota tech, and that was a OEM toyota PCV valve, availble only from the factory...great <_< ...no wonder my cam seals are shot!!!

he drained about 3 qts of tranny fluid and then refilled. he culdnt do a flush because the tranny fluid was burnt, so the particles had probably burned to the bands and cylinders...and if that was the case, and he flushed it, it would just sit there and slip. he also said there was a 25% chance or so that if he jkust did a drain and refill, that it would do the same. but i told him to go ahead and do it anyway. as soon as i saw what color the tranny fluid was, i immediately thought i would be byinga new one...soon. i figured i would go with his reccomendatiion not to flush i.

he said as long as i do regular drain and fills ONLY, i shoudl be good for anywhere between 80 and 100K more on the tranny, before it even starts to slip.

and the car idles so much smoother with the PCV valve replaced...much better.

anyway, just an update.

i can now wait a little longer before doing the cam and crank seals.

you cant imagine how nervous i was when i drove lexi away...i was praying for no slip.

i pushed down the gas...and away she went, smooth as a babies !Removed!....but we wont know for sure until i get the tranny fluid sitting in there for a few days.

is it true that the tranny in this thing takes more ATF than the motor does oil???

h said about 10-12 quarts of NEW fliud... :o

I am doing the cam and crank seals on my dad's es300 this saturday in Amarillo. I reside in Houston. If you want, i can offer my services to you cheaper than the dealer.

drsunilpatel@mac.com

thanks for the offer, but JPI here in Dallas is probably going to do the work. besides, i dont have ANY Money right now, so for now, its just gonna leak.

this is my only car (dialy driver) so i also need someonewho can do it in 7-8 hours on a weekend.

if you are still around when the time comes and you feel like treking to DFW, we can talk.

BTW, JPI is offering me a really good deal.