Spark Plugs

What are the best spark plugs for the sc in your guys opinion that you have used? I have seen a few different kinds, and how much are they?, how many do I need? And how hard are they to install yourself? After you installed them what difference did you notice?

What are the best spark plugs for the sc in your guys opinion that you have used? I have seen a few different kinds, and how much are they?, how many do I need? And how hard are they to install yourself? After you installed them what difference did you notice?

ho wmany u need depends on if u have a 300 or 400? if u have a 300(v6) u iwll need 6...if u have the 400(v8)...u will need 8 of them...i have used bosch platinum 4 plugs...and i luv em! i think i'll try to NGK plugs next...just 2 see what all the hype is about...

A couple things, first off the SC300 is an I6 not a V6 but anyway....

Second, plugs are a bit of a hype thing, they have one task and as long as the stock plugs handle that task I haven't seen any science to prove why another plug would preform better. I would replace them with factory denso plugs, or another denso equivalent.

For turbo/supercharged engines it's a different story, copper plugs tend to perform better so NGK-Rs are the chosen ones for the 4A-GZE, 3S-GTE and possibly the 2JZ-GTE guys...

HTH,

Aaron

I use HKS SuperFire Racing Iridium plugs (s40i, heat rating 8), Keep in mind that I am running the 1JZ-GTE twin turbo at a high boost level (1.2bar/17.5psi), well high boost for the stock turbos.... So they would be overkill for the sc300/400 n/a

But if you are going turbo or already are then these would be a very wise (somewhat expensive) choice. :cheers: