Buying An Sc400

WFVETTE

I HAVE A CHANCE TO BY A 92 SC400 NEAR MINT NO TRACTION NO SUNROOF EVERYTHING ELSE RECENTLY REPLACED POWERSTEERING PUMP. DOCUMENTED WITH 53K. ICAN BUY FOR 9500.00. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR CAN I DO BETTER. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS.

It seems like a good deal to me. I bought my 92 sc400 for 8K with 114k miles on it. C'mon no sunroof, gotta have it, I love mine. Test drive it and see how you like it. Those miles are low you are lucky to find one with that many. What color is it?

Even though it doesnt have a sun roof, sounds like a good deal with that low mileage and maintenance done. Is this from a dealer being financed, and the total cost with taxes and fees included? or a private seller. I bought mine from dealer, for 7895.00 with 96k, timing work redone at 89k, after taxes and fees It ended up being 8800.00.

I HAVE A CHANCE TO BY A 92 SC400 NEAR MINT NO TRACTION NO SUNROOF EVERYTHING ELSE RECENTLY REPLACED POWERSTEERING PUMP. DOCUMENTED WITH 53K. ICAN BUY FOR 9500.00. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR CAN I DO BETTER. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS.

Its a Tan/bronzed type color its very rich looking. I wonder if I could have a sunroof added what do you think. Thanks for the reply.

Got my 1996 black Sc400 with 78000 miles for $12,300 from a second owner! The car was dealer services from the begining with all record. I think you could do a little better so keep shopping around! Try WWW.CARS.COM and other website and local add! Good Luck...

53K miles....cant beat that!!! I just recently bought a 92 SC400 with 175K miles on it for 2800 and am now swapping engine for one with 50K miles on it for approximately 4500. Then i am installing kit and paint job on whole car for probably around 3000. So in the end its about 10,000 for a 92 SC400 with 50K miles and a sweet as paint job.

The car is worth whatever somebody will pay for it. Cars with miles that low are VERY hard to come by. I have, I hate to admit this, about 11K in my 92 400, with 83K. It's nice, but it's been a pain.

For that mileage, it doesn't sound bad to me. And screw the sunroof. Who cares? Check it out on Carfax or Autocheck, to be sure the miles are accurate. And have a mechanic check it out.

No offense, I think that if it's gold, it might be a little less desirable, but that's an individual thing. If it was black, you wouldn't have a chance; it would already be gone.

In the end, is it what YOU want? Yeah, if you do an "ALL" search on Autotrader, you might find something else, but it might take months and a big airline ticket and you might go on a wild goose chase to find a piece of crap at the other end. Sellers LIE.

I wish I could have found one with 50K. But I also wish that mine was a bit newer.

I know that my advice is rambling and contradictory! Sorry.

Go with your gut.

For what it's worth, I just bought a 95 SC400 with 46k miles, everything documented, immaculate interior, and nothing but a few nicks on the front bumper on the outside. Paint immaculate, not a ding anywhere on it. I paid the dealer (it was a trade in, I spoke to the original owner also) $14,247, and they did a brake job, replaced the PS pump and the valve cover gaskets for me, included in that price. Owner just put new tires on it also. B)

Drives like a dream, can't believe I have a 10 year old car that doensn't make a single creak or groan, when a 2 year old Acura rattles like my old Honda.

Only problem I've found is the shifting problem discussed on the ES board. I hit the gas (on two different occasions so far) doing about 45mph to get on the X-way, and the friggin thing redlined in the wrong gear leaving me in a sitting duck position in front of a semi for what seemed like an hour-long 1.5 seconds :geek: until it finally kicked into gear.