Rx 300 Fuel Injectors

douglasmiami

I went to have oil changed this weekend in my '99 RX 300. I was told that my air filter was extremely dirty (it was) and consequently that my fuel injectors were likely dirty as well since they apparently sit right behind air filter. The charge for their service was $50. I declined, not knowing what was really involved. Does anyone have any advice on cleaning these? What's involved? Is it just better to have some do it professionally, or can I do myself?

Thanks.

For the past twenty years or so I've been adding a 12-ounce bottle of fuel injector cleaner to our various vehicles' gas tanks as part of every oil change. I've found that this very inexpensive action tends to keep my fuel injectors quite clean throughout the life of the vehicle and I've only had to have one of my vehicle's fuel injectors professionally cleaned during that timespan. The range of vehicles I've done this for include a Datsun Z, three Jeep Cherokees, a Chevy S-10 Blazer, a Chevy S-10 pick-up, an Acura Legend, a Honda CRX, three Jeep Grand Cherokees, an Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Spyder, a Dodge Durango, a Dodge Ram, and a Lexus RX300.

I've found that the brand of fuel injector cleaner does not seem to matter. STP is probably the best-known, but the house brands at Wal-Mart are less expensive, contain the same ingredients, and are often made by the same companies as the better-known and more expensive brands.

Yep, just throw a bottle of injector cleaner in with a tank of gas! But I would go with a littel better stuff than walmart!

The stuff Toyota uses and recommends when they do the full cleaning of injectors is a product called BG44k, excellant stuff! Of course they run it through a special machine hooked to your fuel rail but we can buy it too!!!

You can get it right at the toyota/Lexus parts counter and just pour it in the gas tank---very powerful stuff and does a great job of cleaning out carbon deposits on your valves as well.

Are you having a driveability problem that would lead you to think that the injectors are dirty or just going on the oil change guys comments. You will know when an injector is clogged or dirty, missing at idle , stumble on take off, poor gas mileage, miss at speed. If your air cleaner is dirty it doesn't mean your injectors are dirty, it has nothing to do with the injectors, no air goes thru them only fuel LOL. If you are using a name brand of fuel most all have an injector cleaner in them that will keep your injectors clean, unless you get some crap in some bad gas. If you feel you must use an in tank cleaner make sure that you put it in at the gas station with a complete fill up as injector cleaner is a solvent and will ruin your injectors and fuel pump if run in too high of concentration. I heard from a guy that had a friend put some in at home on a low tank and drive to the gas station a couple of miles away and ruined his fuel pump.

Jeff

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,740 for motorvac

here is the first result

MotorVac Technologies, Inc.All graphics and trademarks in this site are exclusive property of MotorVac Technologies, Inc. ... Copyright 2002, MotorVac Technologies, Inc. ...

www.motorvac.com/

i don't kow where you looked.

Does anyone have any advice on cleaning these?

I've driven my '92 Toyota pickup 451,000 miles WITHOUT using any fuel injector cleaner, BG44,

Motorvac or any kind of fuel or oil additive. I've just changed the fuel filter every 50,000 miles and used mid grade or premium gasoline and periodically manually scrubbed the throttle plate clean of deposits using a toothbrush and carburetor cleaner or throttle body cleaner.

Monarch - sounds like good advice, but I couldn't find a fuel filter or throttle on my car if you paid me good money. I wish it weren't so. I will, however, take your advice on changing the fuel filter and will likely look at some fuel injector cleaner.

Thanks.