Stereo Upgrade

Hi, i own a 2000 Lexus es 300 and i wanna know what i should do to upgrade the sound system. I already have a aftermarket subwoofer in my trunk. I wanna know if i should change out the speakers, get a new deck receiver or wutever u call them, or should i add an amp to the already factory amp i heard lexus puts in there vehicles somewhere hidden near the trunk. My mom had an old ford van witha crappy sound system and my dad bought her a new deck and it sounded alot better and when she sold that van we had the deck taken out so i can put that deck in for free. Then do speakers? This is what i wanna your opinions on, what should i do?

I would get a new Head Unit that gives like 50-55 watts, (that would prolly have some improvement over what you have now) but if its not enough you can do what is written below

if you want to upgrade the speakers you would need a amp to drive fronts and rears ( stocker would not be enough ) and probably would need to get component set for front

out of curiousity, how is the subwoofer hooked up now? do you know?

cause i want to isntall mine, but i cant find where to tap the wires for the line converter since speakers are inside doors and not in back

I have no clue how the subwoofer is hooked up. So u dont think the stock amp would be enough? Is about 35 watts enough cuz thats wut i think the free one i have is? Yes the componet speakers for front that i want are boston acoustics i dont know wut model but 2 speakers and 2 tweeters, and the rear i want is also boston acoustic .

Hi, i own a 2000 Lexus es 300 and i wanna know what i should do to upgrade the sound system. I already have a aftermarket subwoofer in my trunk. I wanna know if i should change out the speakers, get a new deck receiver or wutever u call them, or should i add an amp to the already factory amp i heard lexus puts in there vehicles somewhere hidden near the trunk. My mom had an old ford van witha crappy sound system and my dad bought her a new deck and it sounded alot better and when she sold that van we had the deck taken out so i can put that deck in for free. Then do speakers? This is what i wanna your opinions on, what should i do?

This is partially covered in the FAQ.

My recommendation would be to have it done professionally by a good quality installer. The installation won't cost much, but having an expert involved will be worth it.

Unless you are an expert in sound equalization and have the equipment to do the job properly, it's just as likely that the system will sound worse when you're done then better. There are too many parameters involved. The biggest thing to consider (which is probably the one that amateurs spend the least time on because they don't have the experience) is how the output of the speakers matches the car's sound characteristics.

If you're going to spend money to improve things, get an expert to make sure you're really improving them.