Tire Size

sweet-sc

If you keep the stock rims keep the stock sized tires. I put Goodyear Eagle GS D3 F1 ultra high performance tires on my Sc400 and they are terrific. They stick like glue and are very quiet. Check tirerack.com and go through their selection process. I gave up some tread wear for performance and am very happy with these tires. They are also great in the rain.

If you keep the stock rims keep the stock sized tires.  I put Goodyear Eagle GS D3 F1 ultra high performance tires on my Sc400 and they are terrific.  They stick like glue and are very quiet.  Check tirerack.com and go through their selection process.  I gave up some tread wear for performance and am very happy with these tires.  They are also great in the rain.

you sure you dont mean max performance? goodyear doesnt make uhp gsd3's.

I highly doubt 245s will rub. The car was designed for 225s, not little skinny buggers. I've got 235/45R17s and they don't come anywhere close to rubbing. 245 is only 5 mm on either side more than mine.

I'll probably get 245/45R17 (front) and 265/40R17 (rear) next spring.

Aaron

I need new tires for my 98 SC400.  I heard that 245/50/16 could rub.  Does anyone have knowledge of this or besides the 225/55/16 what size is best?    I am going with stock rims.  Also, any sugesstion on brands.

Sweet-SC

I'll be watching and waiting on this one as well My SC 300 uses the same tires and I will be looking some in the near future!

235 is probably the maximum width you could put on your stock rims (7 inches wide). I don't think the tire manufacturers would recommend putting wide tire on skinny rims. Beside, it looks pretty silly, IMHO...