Cluster Relation To Low Idle?

norbertk

After I took my cluster out to send to LexTech, my car has had a low idle when coming to a stop. When my mother's cluster was taken out for bulb replacement she decided to drive it and expierenced the same circumstance. I just got my car back after paying $1300 for a transmission, and the mechanic told me that it had nothing to do with it.

Also, with the cluster removed, this directly affects the cruise control system, correct? And after getting my cluster back, will it automatically recalibrate the fuel level or how does that work?

• 2 weeks later...

You can drive with no problem however i would recommend resetting the computer since you are having problems. remove the battery cables and let it sit overnight. I haven't heard of this problem before out of 500+ cars, but somenoe has to be the first, eh?

lol

i guess i was the first

could be somethnig to do with canadian cars

but even in the Lexus service manual it says if a bulb is not illuminated on the dash for the srs or another fault bulb it will illuminate the cel to warn you.

Well, after I got my cluster back, I put it back in, and only the SRS light comes on, and I'm planning on resetting it tomorrow per lextech's instructions. The low idle is also gone, and car works sparkly :D

Those directions on your link are for removing SC cluster. Is it same for es?

• 2 years later...