02 Es300 In The Rain

mrsel3

Hi, yesterday new york got hit by almost 5 inches of rain.

I have owned 5 grand cherokees and never really cared about harsh new york weather. I was a bit afraid driving the lexus in the rain. Once i hit the road I was amazed with how well it held the road going 60 in very heavy rain. I was absolutely taken away by how good it was in the rain. I was passing all the SUV's doing 30.

michelin piolit, on fatory rims.

I bought the car with them.

There is a bridgestone potenza on my spare. I also have bridgestines on my 04 solara and the solara is no where near as good in the rain as the lexus.

I drove in the rain on saturday here in New York and i noticed that the car didn't have much pick up from stop and go . I had to give more gas than on a dry day. I was wondering if it was traction control. I've driven the car for a total of 3 hours(in three days),one of the hours on wet pavement. I've been very busy at work so not had much time behind the wheel. I think about the car all the time. The other day I took the car to work and parked it on the street, all i did was worry about her. I almost couldn't work, thinking about her getting bumped or scratched by other drivers. I really love the ES :blushing:

Its new York, there is no way to avoid someone scratching or bumping the car. I gave up a long time a go and now just have the bumpers repainted every year or two.

My best story is I bought a brand new grand cherokee in 99 and on my way home from the dealership i stopped at the local supermarket, when I parked before I got out of the car someone hot the car with their dooor and left a nice nick in it.

Unfortunately we live in new york where no one cares about other peoples cars. If the potholes don't get you then other people will.

I drove in the rain on saturday here in New York and i noticed that the car didn't have much pick up from stop and go . I had to give more gas than on a dry day.

That MAY have to do with the traction control but more likely its simply the air being more humid and that changing the powerband of the engine. I've never noticed that though.