Light Bulb Removal

ArmyofOne

for mine its just taking off the black plastic splash guards on the bottom and then taking the 2 bolts off the light assembly. The whole assembly than pops out from under the car. Then it is real easy to replace the bulb...it is held in there by a pin...looks like a warped paperclip.

ok. cool.

well i looked a ltitle closer and it looks like in addition to 1 headlight (my right one is stained badly) theheader panel is cracked in several places, i will need to replace that when i replace the bumper...

• 4 weeks later...
ok.  cool.

well i looked a ltitle closer and it looks like in addition to 1 headlight (my right one is stained badly) theheader panel is cracked in several places, i will need to replace that when i replace the bumper...

could someone post step by step pictures on changing the light bulb, esp talking off the stock bulb? i can't even find the pint, it's just the boot comes off and two h7 ends are poking out...

i had to replace one of mine this fall. It's a piece of cake. The only hard part is getting the boot off.

1) take the rubber boot off. (might be hard to take off like mine was but just keep trying.)

2) do not unplug the harness from the bulb before the boot is off.

3) once the boot is off, unplug the wire harness from the back of the bulb.

4) now there should only be 2 silver things sticking out. (These are the ends of the bulb.)

5) take out the old bulb. (should slide right out, may be a round plastic lock around it like on the headlights, i cant remember. if there is a lock just twist it off.)

6) once the old bulb is out, put in the new one.

7) now hook the harness back onto the bulb.

8) Finally, put the rubber boot back over the entire light, like it was before.

vola, you have just installed your replacement lights.

Remeber the hardest thing about this is getting the rubber boot off because of the cramped space.

Good luck

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
i had to replace one of mine this fall. It's a piece of cake. The only hard part is getting the boot off.

1) take the rubber boot off. (might be hard to take off like mine was but just keep trying.)

2) do not unplug the harness from the bulb before the boot is off.

3) once the boot is off, unplug the wire harness from the back of the bulb.

4) now there should only be 2 silver things sticking out. (These are the ends of the bulb.)

5) take out the old bulb. (should slide right out, may be a round plastic lock around it like on the headlights, i cant remember. if there is a lock just twist it off.)

6) once the old bulb is out, put in the new one.

7) now hook the harness back onto the bulb.

8) Finally, put the rubber boot back over the entire light, like it was before.

vola, you have just installed your replacement lights.

Remeber the hardest thing about this is getting the rubber boot off because of the cramped space.

Good luck

Chris

you rock my world! i didn't realize that the black thing could just be yanked off.... lol, kinda werid how lexus doesn't have directions on headlamp changing, whereas toyotaz do....