Aftermarket Hoods

BlurrySC300

I've done some searching and haven't found what i'm looking for. Hopings some of y'all might be able to help me out. I'm looking for a different kind of hood...maybe Invader style...I dunno, just something different. Also, the hood would have to serve a purpose if it is different. So yes, carbon fiber is an option. But alas, I don't see many styles of hoods. Anyone seen anything?

--Taylor

Theres a few different hoods here in Japan. FRP and Carbon or Carbon/Aramid. Mostly there are stock replacements, but there are the drift style with the F50 type negative scoop. Before you ask, no, its not worth it to ship to the states unless youre ready to pay alot

For me to get a hood on Okinawa is around 1100 US. Shipping that hood to the states is another matter altogether. Never checked out how much that would be, but it would have to be DHL probably. There is one fedex office for the island and i dont know if they will accept a package that large. Ill post some pics if i can find em again.

I avoided the Varis as its just too aggressive looking, but the MeisterR hood is a really nice quality hood, and the fitment was really good (except for retapping one of the holes where it bolts up)... I picked mine up through Yahoo and he had it to my door in 3 days from when I deposited the money in his account. So much lighter than stock... but you lose your hood shocks as it tends to bow the hood where the shocks sit.

What I want is a CF trunk from the states or anywhere else possibly in Japan?? ... as I've found none here in mainland Japan. Does anyone know anywhere to get a CF trunk other than importfan.com?