Trd

Hi Everyone!

My dealer has a brand new 2005 ES330 in the showroom that has the 17" TRD tires and chrome wheels on it.

They look awesome on the car and I have the option to add these to my vehicle before I take delivery on mine.

I'm just wondering if they are worth the expense???

They will cost us an extra $4000!

I'm a mom of two teenagers, who will also be driving the car.

This is NOT a "race car", but I like how the chrome wheels look.

Should I let the dealer put the TRD's on or should I just go and get new chrome wheels from somewhere else after I buy the car?

I live in Florida so it won't be driven in the snow....but as you might be well aware, it will need to be driven on hot pavement and/or wet pavement.

Thanks for your input :)

Don't do it!

While the chrome rims look great, you will pay way too much from Lexus and they are a pain in the @$$ to take care of.

I live in Va Beach and we have alot of humidity and thus salt in the air. You probably have it worse in Fla. I have had several cars with chrome rims here and unless you wash them 3 times a week and wax them at least once a month or more then they will eventually develop small rust pits on them from the salt. These eventually grow larger and will diminish the overall look of the wheel.

I'm not lazy, but I don't like to clean my wheels that much. Plus with the kids and all I am sure you don't have that much time to do it yourself (unless of course your kids are old enough to do it for you...)

We didn't go with the TRD's.

We just went with the 17" option and we figure we can change to chrome at a later date.

I am moving to Orlando, so I won't be so close to the salt anymore.

Although, after reading all the transmission posts on this website, I'm really feeling worried about buying this car.

My hubby wanted an Acura, but I see on their forum, people are having tranny problems too.

Actually, every forum I've looked at seems like everybody is having some kind of problem???

We had an LS400 before and never had a problem with it.

I hope I am not going to regret this ES330!!!

Vicki:

Not sure which Acura are you referring to ?

Make sure not one of those Japan parts and assembled in Ohio U.S. ones (i.e. new TLs).

Get the ES330, you won't regret !

We got a 2002 ES300 (current exterior design) and haven't had any major problems yet.

:cheers:

a.c.

My hubby wanted an Acura TL....but thank God for these forums!

I read about all of the people having troubles with their transmissions and decided against it. Showed the hubby some of the posts on the acura forum.

Yikes, that will scare you off of buying one!

Also, my dad has a 2000 Honda Odyssey which is on it's third transmission now!!!

It only has 42,000 miles on it!

I don't know what's up with the transmissions????

Seems like alot of cars out there are having this same problem.

After reading alot of forums, it does seem to be very important on which dealer to buy from.

We decided to buy from the dealer in Orlando since we are moving their in a few months. The people I spoke to their "seem" to be very nice. Of course, they always are when your "buying" the car...lol

Well, I guess we are going to stick with the ES330 and see what happens.

The only good thing is I have pointed out several times the manager that I'd better not have any transmission problems.

He won't be able to claim down the road that "no one else is having this problem".

If I end up with a transmission problem, I will be hunting for this manager who has assured me that I won't have a problem.

Thank you all for supporting these forums. It really informs someone like me who is ready to go out and buy a new car.

Again, thank you for this forum and all the info posted on it

:rolleyes: