Japanese Delivery

branshew

I was talking to one of my customers earlier today and he told me that he is going to Germany next week to take European Delivery of his new Mercedes S500. He is going to drive it around for a week and then fly back while his car is shipped over to the States.

For a brief second I thought “Wouldn’t that be cool if Lexus had a Japanese delivery option?”. But then I gave it more consideration and realized that it probably wouldn’t be such a good idea. I can just picture myself trying to navigate the Japanese roadway system in my new left-hand-drive sedan and not being able to read a single road sign, not to mention having no clue how to ask for directions. :lol:

The only advantage would be the availability of a lot of aftermarket JDM products.

Hey it would be great, porsche does it also with a road map to the autobahn and the ramp to lauch off of so you can glide across the pond, kidding

I know a guy who did that with a BMW. Brand new, sporty red Z8 or something like that.

He put a thousand miles or so on it and delivered it to the port. A week or so later, he read in the paper that a ship carrying cars had sunk off the British coast. Sure enough, his car is now at the bottom of the ocean. BMW gave him a new one, but it took a couple months to get everything straightened out.