Tail Lamp Indicator Sensor

toriduck

Does anyone know where I might purchase a tail lamp indicator sensor for a 1993 SC400? I called the Lexus dealership and they gave me a price of about $320.00 including tax. I didn't know if there was a place I could buy one that came off a wrecked car. I've been looking but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for the help!

I don't really know what it does, but without it working our tail lights do not work. Only the tail lights. All the other ones (brakes,signals, hazzard, license plate light) on the same fuse still work. Also without the sensor working the light in the dash that tells you there is a light out doesn't come on. We found out we had no tail lights by a nice policeman.

Sc's have license plate lights? My Sc300 sure doesnt, and neither does my friend with an Sc400. :blink:

Sure does. Look underneath the overhang where the plate goes and you'll notice where the lights are. By law all cars have to have an illuminated rear license plate. It won't pass inpsection if you don't.