'92 Es300 Sounds Like A Chopper

dprimo

I noticed the engine sounding kind of loud about a week ago. Today, I was at a stop light with the car running fine. When I started to go the car was REALLY loud...sounded like I was Paul Sr. riding one of my custom Choppers.

The car seems to be lacking some power when gas applied and is running very loud. Is this an exhaust problem?

Any help would be appreciated.....and how much $$$$ am I looking at?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

have you checked your exhaust? Open the hood and see if the noise is really loud in the engine bay. Have someone rev the motor while you are looking.

Put you hand over the end of the tail pipe and see if it feels like there is any air coming out. If not, it is most likely coming out of a leak or hole in the exhaust somewhere.

Take it to Midas for a free estimate.

steviej

Might be far fetched but check your ignition wires and if they are seated correctly and installed in the correct firing order. A loose connection will lead to a disconnect and that cylinder not firing. Causing the car to loose power and sound like a "chopper." If the car does not fire cylinders in the correct order then you will have loud exhaust nosies and loss of power.

Check the wires.

:cheers: