Rear Wing Windows

radams100

My driver side rear wing window was replaced due to being rear ended and it does not match the other side. Lexus insists that it had yellow lines running through only one window before, but I don't believe the silversport windows were like that. Now I have one window with yellow lines through it and one without. Please look at your silversports and let me know if they all were made like that. Thanks

I think it's the driver side window that has the lines in mine (although mine is not a Silversport).

I was told that the lines are for the keyless entry antenna on the RX. Don't know how true that is. They look similar to the lines in the back glass for the defroster or an antenna built into the glass.

Hope that helps.

My old 99 RX had them only on the drivers side rear window. They are indeed defrost wires. I understand this a caryover from Japan as the drivers side is on the right and you would not need the right window defrosted if you were driving on the right. Because we drive on the left, it would be nice to have the right side rear window be defrosted instead of the left. I bet it was an oversight as it is pretty useless to defrost the left rear window on a left hand drive car, but quite useful on a right hand drive car.

Jonathan