Popping sound

JJHLex14

My 2014 RX350 with 48850 miles just had to have the timing chain cover replaced. It was leaking oil.

Had the Lexus dealer do the repairs because the local garage didn’t want to take on the task.

Dealer had it for 3 days at the cost $5600. It is quite the project from what I have looked up.

I got it back and I now started to hear a popping sound that seems to be on the front drivers side. I hear it when I first start up and when turning left at slow speeds. Some times when going over small bumps.

What do you think it could be? Could it have started due to the work I had done? Should I take it back to the dealer or my local garage. 

So the sound occurred on the day after you picked up your vehicle? My guess is that they missed something when putting everything back together. Yes, I would bring t back.

By the way, what else did they do for $5600? That's at least double what I've seen in various posts. You can sometimes save hundreds of dollars by taking your Lexus to a Toyota dealership.

I never thought about a Toyota dealer, thanks. I had a list of gaskets a page long such as valve cover gaskets, etc. They replaced the water pump since the work exposed the water pump. Did an alinement as well. 
A friend of mine after driving thinks it is the ABS. It pops when applying the brakes and then again after releasing and taking off. Could be as simple as not bleeding the brakes enough.