Aftermarket Amps/sub

caglo

I was wondering if anyone has used the power/signal leads to the nakamichi amp in the truck to power an aftermarket amp. I'm not talking about a full wiring harness on a new amp, just splicing into the power and signal so the aftermarket amp can power up and send a signal to an aftermarket sub. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

It may not be a good idea to use the factory power wiring to power aftermarket amplifiers for a few reasons: 1. The factory wire isn't heavy enough gauge to supply a decent aftermarket amplifier with enough current to perform properly. This is especially true if the amplifier is going to be use to power subwoofers. 2. The factory amplifier is fused in the fuse box along with all of the other electronics in the vehicle. The bring about potential for electrical noise since all of the other electronics grab power directly from this location. Your best bet is to run a new power wire directly from the battery to the trunk. The SC snaps apart just as easy as a Camry so this task shouldn't be difficult with a few basic tools. I own a car audio/accessory super store so get in contact with me if you need some help.

www.rpmsuperstore.com 800-997-TINT(8468) :D