Slow Fan Speed=overheating

alfa81romeo

I have a 93 lexus es300 and I have recently had a problem with the car overheating. This recently oicurred when we were driving over the Lake Tahoe, CA grade and were traveling uphill. The engine started to lose power and when we pulled over the temp gauge skyrocketed, but did not go into the red. We let it cool down and the car would drive with a somewhat normal temp reading, but when we would stop to refuel the temp would shoot up again. So, i took it in to my mechanic and we looked under the hood and found that the fan was not spinning at full speed, therefore causing the engine to overheat. He told me that it might be the Hydraulic fan Motor? and the cost is around 350 to replace, does this sound correct? Is there a placde to buy one online for relatively cheap? Are there other diagnostics that may cause the fan to spin so slow? Any help woulde be greatly appreciated!! Also, the car runs fine in city driving sincfe the air flow is steady enough from the outside that the slow fan has no major affect!!

2. Also, there is a small oil leak under the exhaust manifold, seems to be coming out of one of the bolts down there? Possible gasket replacement?? Thanks!!!