Cleaning

juanspagan

I just bougth a 330 2004 (Special Edition). It has a carriage top. This top is somethin alike a strong cloth. I will like to know the best way to clean this top

are you cleaning it to just clean it or did something make it very dirty.

Can you find out what cloth it is made of?

Look into some high end canvas boat top cleaners. Try www.westmarine.com or www.boatus.com

On the other hand a dilute solution of simple green may be all you need.

steviej

I just bougth a 330 2004 (Special Edition). It has a carriage top.

Whoa! I didn't think that was even an option. Was that put on by Lexus or someone else aftermarket?

If your post didn't indicate that you were from Puerto Rico, I would have definitely guessed that you lived in Florida.

Canvas cleaners may work, but be careful about using something too harsh. Some marine cleaners are really strong.

I believe that you can find specific cleaners for convertible tops. These should be gentle enough to use on the top without bleeding any color out of the material and should help protect against UV rays (which I imagine are very strong in PR).

If you plan on owning the car for a long time than I would definitely look into a car cover. Sunlight is murder on woven plastic fabrics (even Sunbrella types). Over time the UV will fade the color and make ithe top very brittle if not protected.

Please post some pictures if you can. I would like to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bougth a 330 2004 (Special Edition).  It has a carriage top.

Whoa! I didn't think that was even an option. Was that put on by Lexus or someone else aftermarket?

If your post didn't indicate that you were from Puerto Rico, I would have definitely guessed that you lived in Florida.

Canvas cleaners may work, but be careful about using something too harsh. Some marine cleaners are really strong.

I believe that you can find specific cleaners for convertible tops. These should be gentle enough to use on the top without bleeding any color out of the material and should help protect against UV rays (which I imagine are very strong in PR).

If you plan on owning the car for a long time than I would definitely look into a car cover. Sunlight is murder on woven plastic fabrics (even Sunbrella types). Over time the UV will fade the color and make ithe top very brittle if not protected.

Please post some pictures if you can. I would like to see it.

Dear Mates:

I thank you all for your advice, in particular to bransew, who dedicated many lines of great information. Excuse my late answer, but due to Jeanne (Tropical Storm) I have been very bussy.

Bransew, may I tell you that this is a Specia Edition made by Lexus (not after market). This edition consist of the so called:"carriage top", rear spoiler, chrome weels, and custom stripes. As soon as I can I plan to sent you all a photo. :cheers::cheers:

Dear Mates:

I thank you all for your advice, in particular to bransew, who dedicated many lines of great information. Excuse my late answer, but due to Jeanne (Tropical Storm) I have been very bussy.

Bransew, may I tell you that this is a Specia Edition made by Lexus (not after market). This edition consist of the so called:"carriage top", rear spoiler, chrome weels, and custom stripes. As soon as I can I plan to sent you all a photo.

Whoa.........After doing much research about Lexus ES's & Windom's with these modifications, both here in the USA and abroad, there was no mention about these accessories being available as factory options! They are individual dealer installed items. :rolleyes:

The accesories are only available in this Special Edition. That is why it is called:"Special Edition". They are not factory options you can sellect. In any event, this top (carriage Top) looks very nice, but maybe not as durable as I will like it to be, Thank you, Juan