2005 Rx330

susan

:D :lol:

hello all,

i would like your opinion. i was going to purchase a 2004 rx 330 but they don't have the color i want in stock.

instead i got a quote for 2005 rx330 fwd premium plus pkg for

$35,850, msrp $40,233. according to the dealer that is just $300.00 over invoice.

is this a good deal or does this sound fishy? since other dealers i spoke with would only take off $2000,00 off msrp. your response is greatly appreciated.

also does anyone know the major differences in the 2004 and 2005 model?

$300 over invoice sounds resonable as long as they show you the invoice price on paper. Go even lower if the salesperson (I'd rather deal with the fleet manager or internet mangager, they give the best deals) can. Don't let them pull that back and forth mumble jumble , time wasting, "No my manager can't go that low," on you.

P.S: Make sure that the car has all the bells and whistles that YOU want.

I just spoke to my sales person a couple days ago about the RX330.

He said he knows nothing about them because they are not out yet.

I live in Ohio. I guess they must be out in Calif. ?

I tried to order a brochure through the main Lexus phone number and was told they don't have them yet.

wow ... that's a good deal. isn't it? just $35,850 and MSRP is $40,233

For 2005, how much can I get the discount from MSRP $44,288?

Is Lexus always hard to get discount for the new year car coming?

I am a future buyer and I am looking for the 2005. Can't wait for getting one?

wow ... that's a good deal. isn't it? just $35,850 and MSRP is $40,233

For 2005, how much can I get the discount from MSRP $44,288?

Is Lexus always hard to get discount for the new year car coming?

I am a future buyer and I am looking for the 2005. Can't wait for getting one?

:D :lol:

Yes, actually over the labor day weekend, some lexus dealers in southern california sold some 2005 rx330. More will be coming in within the next 2 weeks. i called around to other dealers and most were not willing to give a discount because the car is so new. Some other discounts I got offered was $1500,00 or $2500,00 off the MSRP.

$300 over invoice sounds resonable as long as they show you the invoice price on paper. Go even lower if the salesperson (I'd rather deal with the fleet manager or internet mangager, they give the best deals) can. Don't let them pull that back and forth mumble jumble , time wasting, "No my manager can't go that low," on you.

Yes, I am dealing directly with the internet manager. I agree w/you. when I talked to a sales person at a Lexus dealership over the phone. He gave me the run around, trying to get me to make the deal within 72 hours and wanting me to go in.

I told him No.

The dealership that offered me the $300.00 over invoice requesting that a leave a $500.00 deposit until the car arrives. Fully refundable. Is that customary?

:D :geek: B)

Susan the $300 over invoice seems correct, you can allways check edmunds.com for pricing. Did you notice any changes in the 2005 models??? I hope they changed the dash back to the older models style, I think my 2000 RX looks a lot

better than the new one :)

No real physical changes to the 05 330.

As for the dash I think you could make an argument that the exterior of the 98-03 is better looking than the exterior or the RX330 but I've never heard anyone say the RX300 has a better interior than the RX330. The RX330's interior is one of the best in the Lexus line.

• 3 weeks later...
$300 over invoice sounds resonable as long as they show you the invoice price on paper.  Go even lower if the salesperson (I'd rather deal with the fleet manager or internet mangager, they give the best deals) can.  Don't let them pull that back and forth mumble jumble , time wasting, "No my manager can't go that low," on you. 

Yes, I am dealing directly with the internet manager. I agree w/you. when I talked to a sales person at a Lexus dealership over the phone. He gave me the run around, trying to get me to make the deal within 72 hours and wanting me to go in.

I told him No.

The dealership that offered me the $300.00 over invoice requesting that a leave a $500.00 deposit until the car arrives. Fully refundable. Is that customary?

From what I understand from dealing with Toyota, that's the sort of thing they like to do to make sure that you're a serious buyer and not just any other window shopper. If you want it sure enough, $500 is usually what I've been hearing on things like locating a certain car with certain options that a customer wants.

I think that's a little cheezy. However, the bottom line, get the best deal for the car. That $500 is then added back to you when you decide to purchase the car.

Susan, in my experience the southern California dealer that has consistently and aggressively offered the lowest prices is Westminster Lexus in Westminster (next to Long Beach).

Longo Lexus has the largest inventory / best selection, but is a little higher in price.

Other low price oriented dealers are the ones located in the Canoga Park and Valencia areas.

Remember that even when a dealer sells at or near invoice price, Toyota still pays the dealer approx. 2-3% "holdback" for selling the vehicle and which I guess is split between the salesperson and the dealership.

$300 over invoice sounds resonable as long as they show you the invoice price on paper.  Go even lower if the salesperson (I'd rather deal with the fleet manager or internet mangager, they give the best deals) can.  Don't let them pull that back and forth mumble jumble , time wasting, "No my manager can't go that low," on you. 

I told him No.

lexus of atlantic city had 05's in stock last week. maybe give them a try since oh is a little closer to nj then ca :)

and make sure you get that refund in WRITING.

The $500 deposit is customary, I put one down on my car. They view it as a downpayment on the car and reduce the final price of the car by that amount or they will credit it back to you, your choice. Its "good faith" money and they will also refund it if you decide not to buy.