May purchase a 2021 or 2020 NX300--any advice for me?

I'm looking at purchasing an F-Sport NX 300 in the next couple of months and wondering if anyone has any general advice--good or bad.  I hope to get one with less than 50K miles.  I'm definitely picking the F-Sport just for the styling upgrades.

Any advice is appreciated.  Just a couple of bullet points, don't need an essay but if you take the time to write it I will appreciate all of your advice.  

thanks. 

1. See if you get ahold of a maintenance schedule for the vehicle you are interested in.

2. Conduct a phone interview with the owner and ask if and when the required maintenance was completed.

3. If you are satisfied with the answers, schedule an in-person visit. If you are not a hands-on type of person, you want to bring someone who is familiar with how to check fluids for color and levels.

4. You can also pay an auto repair shop to do a complete inspection. Having a lift really comes in handy for looking at the underside of the vehicle.

Thank you for that response.  I've got all of those things covered as it is not my first time to purchase a car.  Specifically (I should have said that, not generally--my mistake) I am asking for things current owners like or dislike about the NX300 F-Sport.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Jeff,

I am in the same exact situation as you.  I own a 2007 Lexus RX and now looking to purchase a new Lexus NX or a previously used 2020-2022 RX.  I’m avoiding the 2023-24 RX due mostly to the smaller engine and some of the complaints I’ve heard about the RX 500.   I’m looking for the luxury but also something that will move out from 60-80 more quickly, when needed.  Hopefully we will get a few good responses on your original inquiry.  Good luck!  Best, Don