Power Wire Through A Firewall

kazools400

I put a subwoofer in my trunk this week end and found a good place to wire the power through the firewall without drilling a hole. There's a rubber boot on the passenger (USA) side of the engine compartment that feeds most of the engine sensor wires through the firewall to the ECM under the glove box. I unbolted the rubber boot (10 MM deep socket) and took the glove box out. I feed the wire, taped to a straitened out coat hanger through from the glove box side out to the engine compartment.

post-4-1094400284.jpg

That is pretty cool! Since I haven't wired a sub in the trunk before, how do you get this power cable that's now in your glovebox, all the way back to the trunk?

Thanks - there a couple of ways to get the cable back to the trunk. Under the carpet or through/under the door trim pieces. Then take out the back seat and there are two covers that you can take out that lead to the trunk just over the gas tank.

• 1 month later...
hey kazools400,

What steps would I have to take to connect my amp to the stock head unit of my 91 ls400? I want to connect it to my subs. Its a Pioneer deck. I just dont know how to get the signal to the amp.

Thanks,

Lance

Your best bet if you want to do that is try going to Best Buy(or similar) or a Audio shop or something. They sell wire harnesses that let you connect amps to your stock audio. I think its some kind of modulador...it should be anywhere from $20-$40. My brother did that on his '01 Tahoe. Hope this helps

Travieso~13

• 1 year later...

It's an old post but I was just trying to run a wire today and i couldnt get my glovebox off at all! I got the 5 clip like button things. I disconnected the door supports, and i got the lower 2 clips out... what else do i have to do??