Tapping A Fuse For 12v Power

Satchel

I want to hard wire my XM Skyfi radio to the fusebox in my 95 ES300...I can get the kit and run the wires from the console storage compartment to the fuse box near the hood release...there is a fuse there for seat heaters, which I don't have...does anyone know if the power there is switched? If I tap into that fuse, will I get constant power when the key is on?

Or is there a better choice there for a fuse to choose??

Thanks

Jim

there is a fuse there for seat heaters, which I don't have...does anyone know if the power there is switched? If I tap into that fuse, will I get constant power when the key is on?

Yes, the power to the seat heaters is switched and you will get constant power. You can also use the cigarette lighter power supply and splice into that wire and put in your secondary radio fuse to protect the radio.

What I meant was, your XM Skyfi radio should have a fuse holder in the positive(+) line to protect the radio. This is a lower amperage fuse then is used in either the seat heater or cigarette lighter, so you have to use this fuse in conjunction with the main fuse.