Es 330 Vs Gs300 Comparison

sheng101

HI,

I am new to this board and am looking to buy a new ES or GS soon.

Have anyone done detailed comparion of these two models? I personally think that the GS exterior is outdated now and prefer the ES look. Also, is there a new GS330 coming in 2005?

Thanks and any info you can share will be appreciated.

Sheng101

HI,

I am new to this board and am looking to buy a new ES or GS soon.

Have anyone done detailed comparion of these two models? I personally think that the GS exterior is outdated now and prefer the ES look. Also, is there a new GS330 coming in 2005?

Thanks and any info you can share will be appreciated.

Sheng101

My understanding is that there won't be a 2005 GS. Instead, they'll introduce a 2006 model in January.

Your best bet is to do several things:

1. Visit the Lexus web site to get information and determine the differences.

2. Go to www.edmunds.com and do a side-by-side comparison. You'll be able to compare internal dimenions, features, and so on.

3. Visit the dealer.

My impressions are:

The ES seems to be a bit more 'modern', but the GS may actually be perceived as a bit more luxurious. The sizes are similar with the GS being a bit larger in some areas and a tiny bit smaller in others. The GS is, of course, available with a V8 if you want to spend that kind of money. There are some minor feature differences - the ES has optional pedal adjustment and the GS doesn't.

Perhaps the biggest difference is that the ES is front wheel drive. The GS is rear wheel drive with traction control. If you're in an icy enviornment, you may choose to go with the ES for that reason alone.

One difference that's easy to overlook - the ES has rear air bags, the GS does not. If that matters to you, it could be a big difference. However, rumor has it that the 2006 GS will add them.

Good luck.

I've heard there will be a 2005 GS but it will be a very short run untill the all new GS is introduced very early next year as an early 2006. The thing that catches my attention of the new 2006 model is the very sleek & sexy styling plus the added bonus of available all wheel drive on the new 6 cylinder model which will be a V6 instead of an inline 6. B) It all depends what type of vehicle suits your needs really.....the GS is more expensive than the ES & do you need FWD, RWD or AWD?

:cheers:

I really could have picked either as they leased out for almost the same price but I picked the ES because:

1. It had HID headlamps. The GS300 is not availiable with HID headlamps.

2. The ES has more interior room, partly because of its design and partly because of its FWD drivetrain.

2. The ES is smoother and quieter. The GS is tuned a little more taut and the exhaust is designed to give it a little more growl.

3. The ES has more comfortable seats, I've heard this from many but the GS has very unsupportive seats.

4. I prefered the styling of the ES both inside and out.

5. The ES is a newer design while the GS is at the end of its lifecycle.

GS are also going to be harder to find and they have currently stopped making the GS430 unless its a special order.