Mobil 0-40w

cashmoney

What does your owners manual & your oil cap state to use for engine oil? My 01 ES states 5W30 which I use Mobil 1 synthetic. I'm not sure how much of an advantage the 0W40 oil will be in the long run compared to the viscosity grade Lexus recommends. Why do you want to use that grade of oil & how many miles on your IS? B)

:cheers:

0W40 is intended for extreme climate temperature variations. The 0W would be for very cold weather starting and circulation during warm-up. The 40W would be to lose less viscosity during extreme heat conditions of ambient temps and/or severe uses such as pulling a trailer. For normal use in most USA climates I'd stay with the oil recommeded by Lexus.

What does your owners manual & your oil cap state to use for engine oil? My 01 ES states 5W30 which I use Mobil 1 synthetic. I'm not sure how much of an advantage the 0W40 oil will be in the long run compared to the viscosity grade Lexus recommends. Why do you want to use that grade of oil & how many miles on your IS? B)

i have 68000Miles on my 01 IS300...

is that OK for my IS 300??

i'm using Mobil 0-40w.....

i thinking i'll change back to Castrol 5-30W drive hard....

i think the Castrol is the Best Motor Oil .......

0W40 is intended for extreme climate temperature variations. The 0W would be for very cold weather starting and circulation during warm-up. The 40W would be to lose less viscosity during extreme heat conditions of ambient temps and/or severe uses such as pulling a trailer. For normal use in most USA climates I'd stay with the oil recommeded by Lexus.

Really...

thank for information.....

thankx so much.....

i'll change to 5-30 soon...

Why not try going to Mobil 1 5w30? Mobil is a higher regarded oil over Castrol synthetic or dino. Still a good brand of oil mind you. (I use to use Castrol syntech 5W 50 for my older GM products way back). If you look at the technical specifications on the Mobil 1 website, you won't find that much difference between the 5W30 & 5W40 oils......the '0' will flow slightly better than the '5' grade....but you would have to live at either the North or South pole for it to be any benefit. The '40' grade might be a tad too thick with the current milage you have on your IS. B)

www.mobil1.com

Why not try going to Mobil 1 5w30? Mobil is a higher regarded oil over Castrol synthetic or dino. Still a good brand of oil mind you. (I use to use Castrol syntech 5W 50 for my older GM products way back). If you look at the technical specifications on the Mobil 1 website, you won't find that much difference between the 5W30 & 5W40 oils......the '0' will flow slightly better than the '5' grade....but you would have to live at either the North or South pole for it to be any benefit. The '40' grade might be a tad too thick with the current milage you have on your IS. B)

www.mobil1.com

I would like to Try the one Mobil with 5-30W

the problem is....here can't find it....

only have 0-40W........so........i change that one

so i have 68000miles...the motor oil i use now....the oil too thick??

i think i'll change back to Castrol 5-30W...........

Thank U