Increase Hp In Es330

What's wrong with the power numbers on the current ES 330 now? 225 hp & 240 lb ft or torque are pretty good numbers......I look at torque number more so than horsepower & the lower RPM's the better for off the line & mid range acceleration. One has to remember the ES is not a sports sedan as much as it leans toward the luxury side of the scale. B)

:cheers:

I agree with Lexusfreak on this one. If you wanted more HP then you should have bought an I35 or a TL. The 330's numbers aren't too bad and should definitely get you where you want to go with no problem.

That being said, I don't think that re-mapping the ECU would help much (at least not w/o other mods) since the car is not turbo or supercharged. It also depends on the HP increases that you are looking for. Maybe some new headers and a new exhaust with a new intake would help some.

If you want to spend some serious money then you could add to what's above and go for a port and polish, some new cams, throw on a supercharger - or just drop in the V8 engine from the GS 430. Run 120 octane...

You could always add a spoiler and a V-Tec sticker. That seems to work for most Integras.

Agreed branshew.....bottom line I guess is what & when is enough horsepower & torque enough? :blink: I would guarantee that (for the sake of arguement anyways) that if Lexus ever produced a 450 hp & 450 lb's ft of torque ES......there would be some people out there that would post a simular thread asking if one can squeeze a 10% increase out of that as well. But as it is... B) As bran suggested, if the ES is not enough......go to the GS 430.....still not enough? Start saving for the Chrysler four twelve concept as it has 850 HP & torque numbers. B) ;)

Geeze guys chill out, you know as well as I do there are horsepower modifications that can be done to the ES.

Sorry, I forgot the smiley on my response.

Of course there are always mods that can be done.

I would never do them, personally, because they generally cost a lot of money for a modest gain - and you'd often be better off buying a more powerful car to start with. Because of that, I didn't have a serious answer. I realize that others do it for the fun and challenge and I hope someone else can help him.

I leave mine the way it is also.....I'll change to a performance air filter and small items like that but I don't touch any major components for modest gains as I am happy with the power & economy with my ES. But to each their own.....I guess my point was if you have to spend thousands of dollars to get say 50 - 100 HP increase, why not buy the car that already has that kind of power already from the factory? Get it a year or more older than the ES for around the same price. ;)

I won't give you a hard time. If you want mods, just look at the TRD SE '04 Camary. Basically, the 3.3 liter and the exhaust design are the same in the new Camaries and the ES's. There are mods for this engine. Easiest is the ECU ($400+ for a re-flashed chip) then intake-to-catback exhaust. That'll probably give you about 15-20 more hp and 20 lbs of torque. There are companies that do that...just look up the Camary stuff.