Dealership Allocation - What does it really mean?

I’m currently in the Southeast region and I’m working across 3 dealerships in my area to get my 2023 RX FSport the quickest.

Here’s the question: Can anyone explain the ‘dealer allocation’ process to me? Seems as though, many in non-Southeast regions have good detail and estimates about your vehicle build/arrival, but there are some of us who don’t know squat…and it seems our salesmen are equally clueless. What gives? Are 2023 RX FSport’s rare?

Patiently waiting, but growing impatient since my November 2022 deposit.
TIA

BTW, if I need to stop it with the 'Betty White' act and eat a Snickers...just say so. I'll learn to be patient and trust. 🙂

Based on my experience trying to get an NX, the only way that was going to happen was that I was told to fork out the deposit and get in line with no assurances as to when the unit was going to be built. So that is what you had to do and you did that. So you are locked in.

There is still way too much stimulus money floating around chasing too few RX 350s.  And they tend to load them up into the 60 K range. Just saw an new white RX 350 F-sport Handling for sale locally and ready to go for that price range.