Seat Build Up

ronsadvice

<_< Has anyone experienced a "breakdown" of their front seats over time? My seats look great but have no support any more. Anyone had their seats rebuilt to new? Any Ideas? I own a 90 LS with only 80K and in awesome shape. I just have a problem with the front seats. When you sit on them they go "flat".

Thanks for your help! Ron Johnson

I've heard of springs going in the seats. While looking for earlier LS 400's I noticed the 90-92's just sank like broken springs, the 93's and up had better built seats. Maybe you can swap them out or fix the springs in them, thats what is making them sink.

While the seats in my 1990 with 232K are not as firm as I would like them to be, they are by no means "flat or broken". I know that a lot of the older Mercedes cars were bad for "sagging" seats and this is not the first time I have heard of it on a LS400. I guess the only reason that mine are still good, because the first (and only) owner was a light weight person and did not put much weight on the seating surface. I guess with the other improvements of the 1993 models, this was just another one of those. I see no reason why they cannot be rebuilt, or like TM said- swap them out with a 1993-94. If I am not mistaken, I think that look identical to the 90-92 seating.

congratulations on owning a 90 LS with only 80k thats a crazy feat, i bet there are a few more people with almost the same stats on their LS, i would do the seat swap like everyone said, or better yet if u can disconnect the seats try installing new springs i think they do use springs, if they dont maybe find a place where a couple springs can be installed to in use temporaraly

joe

Hey Ron,

I don't care what anyone says. I think the seast in my 90 LS are just about the most uncomfortable seast ever. Luckily my wife loves them? ANyway, she drives the car and I drive my Caprice which has very comfortable seats (in my opinion).

The Lexus is okay for awhile but then it gets hard without much side support.

It's not you.