Wheel Sizing Question

slate67

I have been researching used lexus rims for purchase (for snow tires) and don't have the foggiest idea of what the sizing means. Is there a primer out there that relays this info? I am finding 16 inch rims (which I want) that are 16x6, 16x7, 16x7.5. How do I know what I need for a 1998 GS400? what does the second number define?

At this point I know I want 16 inch rims and I have a 5 bolt pattern that each bolt is 114.3 mm apart (I think that is what 5x 114.3 means).

:wacko: Help please???

Thanks. A friend suggested it last night and I was able to gather more info. One remaining question though. Is the offset very important? Most factory lexus rims have a +40mm offset and i found a set of OEM rims from a GS400 with a +50mm offset. Tire Rack says offset is very important. Will I be getting into trouble purchasing a set of rims with a +50 mm offset?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks. A friend suggested it last night and I was able to gather more info. One remaining question though. Is the offset very important? Most factory lexus rims have a +40mm offset and i found a set of OEM rims from a GS400 with a +50mm offset. Tire Rack says offset is very important. Will I be getting into trouble purchasing a set of rims with a +50 mm offset?

Thanks for the help.

you pretty much answered yourself. youre looking for wheels that will fit a gs400; you found oem gs400 wheels. dont you think theyll fit? btw, what tires you going with? id recommend bridgestone blizzak ws50's if you can get them in the right size for your gs.

Thanks. I learned long ago that what I think isn't always correct so I appreciate all the feedback I can get. I guess there is some truth in the saying that the older you get the less you know. Have a great day.