Tires For 1997 Es 300 -recommendation

littlerock

I currently have Dunlap Sport (205/65r15) tires on my ES 300 but I need new tires. should I stick with the Dunlap or switch back to Michelin.

At the time that I bought the Dunlap, I researched this matter with Consumer Reports but I can no long find the article. I was able to get my tires really cheap because the tire companies in Arkansas "price matched" the price in the Consumer Report magazine.

I need some help.

Thank you.

proxes :D

thats quite an odd tire size, not very many options.

Not many options in that size?? :blink: :whistles: Dude, there are 74 alone in every all season catagory on tire rack!! :rolleyes::wacko: & that dosen't even include the Toyo brand. What are the most important aspects you look for in a tire littlerock?

:cheers:

The best choices for what you are looking for in your size are:

- Toyo Proxes TPT, Treadwear 400 (60,00 miles) traction A, temperature A (fantastic handling & even better in the rain & hard downpours). "V" rated &

Very reasonably priced. My first choice! B)

- Yokohama H4S, treadwear 500, traction AA & temperature A. Brand new on the market, I have heard excellent reviews but I do not know or have talked with people who owned them so I can't comment......suppose to be fantastic in all weather however & has a very aggressive tread pattern. Reasonably priced as well. "H" speed rated.

- Michelin Hydroedge, treadwear 760 (80,000 miles) traction A & temperature B. Been on the market about a year and a half & has a very good rep so far. I suggested them for my sister in law & she loves them especially in bad rain & very good (for an all season) in snowy conditions but that does not apply to yourself as you mentioned. This is quite expensive compared to the others but you do get a longer tread life and a bit softer ride as it's a "T" speed rated tire.

- Goodyear Assurance Triple tred, treadwear 740 traction A & temperature B. Very close in concept to the Hydroedge which will be it's main competition at a slightly cheaper price. It's gotton very good reviews & looks very aggressive especially in rain. I'm personally not a fan of Goodyear from past experences, but this is an important tire for them & it look like they have a good product. "T" speed rated as well.

Hope this helps.......there are lot's of other choices but these would be the VERY BEST available in your size in what your looking for in a tire.

"Mr. Currious": I have all season tires on my car now-- it doesn't matter to me. I just needed help establishing what the best tires are for my car.

Thank you "lexusfreak" for your opinion. I went to www.tirerack.com and they recommended the Yokohama tires too.

This forum is the best!!

Happy to help littlerock......an "all season" tire is best for the ES as the vast majority have them on their cars. Some put on snows in the northern states & Canada (I'm not one of them as I have no room to store a second set of tires). The Yoko's are suppose to be great! One final on that is an excellent & I'm still learning about is the Falken Ziex ZE-512 which has a 60,000 mile warranty & is a performance all season tire. The Falken came in first place out of 18 all season performance tires by a popular Consumer magazine. It tread wear is 420 with traction A & temperature A. You can get them for around $65 mark per tire & I have heard excellent things about them. I am installing them on my wife's car this coming monday. Any of the tires I suggested are all good values, shop around for prices ask some questions that your concerned about & don't forget to get a 4 wheel alignment when you get your new rubber installed! Good luck B)