Remote Control For Rear Door Rx330

mago

Is anyone having an occasional problem with trying to open the power deck door with the key fob and or the button on the dash?

At times we cannot open the rear door using both of the above.

I took it into the Lexus dealer and they greased the latch.

Tom Wolf

the trick is to make sure all 4 doors are unlocked. You must hit unlock button on key twice in 3 seconds then hit trunk release and hold. that should do the trick. Also in the glove box on the left outter edge there is a cutoff switch. If it is in the out mode the rear door will not work electronically for safety{ opening inside the garage} reasons

You might want to seach this site for that particular problem. I had that problem with my RX330 as well. My only problem with taking my RX to the dealership is that will work perfectly fine when I'm there. Somehow, my Rx tended not to work whenever I was at Costco (????). They way that I made it work again was to manually opening the hatch and manually closing it. Somehow this resets the hatch's operation.

To make a long story short, I saw a member post an ECU part number on this site. I copied that information down and took it to my dealership. They took my paper and ordered the part for me. Although it took them almost 2 months to get the part, they were able to replace it for me. After replacing the ECU, I haven't had that happen to me since April.

My advice, check this site for the ECU part, copy it down, and take it to your dealership. They have the part. If you don't ask, they won't give. That is the only thing that I dislike about dealers.