Homelink

Rickebob

After spending the weekend detaling my "new" RX, I finally tried to get the homelink programmed to operate my garage door opener.

I purchased my 2001 Rex used and I cannot get the Homelink programmed. I have tried all the various procedures in the owners manual and even tried to "clear" any previous codes by holding down the two outside buttons for 20 seconds as per the OM instructions. I do not even get the indicator light to flash or otherwise come on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if someone may know what I am missing here. I will appreciate any help for this newbie...

Rickebob,

Hi, did you manage to get it programmed? I've been trying to program the homelink to recognize my "condominium" gate opener for the past week and still it is not working. I've tried programming my grandparent's Condo gate opener and it was so easy and it recognized the signal quite easily. But with mine, I keep pausing and pressing my remote (while holding homelink button)... it just would not recognize (i.e. fast blink)... but instead started to slowly blinks blink after 15-20sec then slowly blinks for another 20 sec or so then off.

Anyone who can comment on this?

I had the same problem with my garage door opener and the Homelink in my wife's RX330. After doing some research, found out that my garage door opener was not Homelink compliant. Turns out that Homelink transmits in the 290MHz-422MHz range. My opener transmitted at 40MHz, thus the RX never accepted it. Don't know if this is the case with gate openers but maybe it'll help.

Cole

bazan,

I am still having trouble as well. I can't even get my Homelink to "clear" by holding the two outside buttons down as per the OM. I may have to resort to calling the dealer for some assistance.

I also cannot get the indictor light to come on under any circumstance so I think I must have some other problem.

My Homelink transmitter on my 04 Infiniti works just fine and I had no problem programming it so I don't think my garage opener is the culprit. I'll let you know what results I get...

rickebob

Rickebob,

your Homelink gets its power from the same wire that supplies the mirror light in your sunvisor. Does the light work in your sunvisor??

If not, check the wiring and the fuse.

If it's under warranty - drive it in and have them fix it. Should be fairly simple for them to figure out if they need to order a new visor or not.

Tom

Thanks Tom. My mirror lights are working. I still have not been able to gain access to the Homelink programming. I plan to visit my dealer on Saturday. I hate to do it when the problem is probably my own ignorance but I am out of ideas.

I was thinking about disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but don't want to lose my radio presets, etc. Think that would help?

Are you sure there is no training button for your garage door opener?? Sometimes they can be hard to find. My brother-in-law's was behind a small panel. What garage door opener do you have? The training button is normally located somewhere on the back of the motor drive unit where the wires hook in.

Tom

oh really?

i assumed it would be a button on the wall or something. i haven't actually opened the motor mechanism thing hanging from the ceiling. Is the button inside there? I will definately take a look tomorrow as i have to change the bulb in there anyway. Thanks for the info! :cheers:

Check the back panel of your motor drive unit where the wires from the wall button attach. There should be a small button there. I believe the procedure is to program the Homelink in your car with your remote, then climb the ladder and press the training button on your drive unit, then go back down the ladder to your car and press the Homelink button you programmed just a few moments ago. You may even have to press it twice (I don't remember).

Then it should work for you every time.

Tom

On the back of your garage door opener, the one on the ceiling, you will find a red button, press it and you will have a least 30 seconds to go to your car and start the programming.

This way the garage door receiver will be able to receive your Lexus commands.

Tom

Hey Tom. I can't even get the indicator light to come on at all. I have tried holding both outside buttons down for over 20 seconds as well as holding just one button down. Nothing...

I have not visited the dealer yet but it looks like I need to. My wife is getting tired of looking at the "thingy on the visor".

Thanks for your help with this!

Rickebob

If the light is not coming on when you press the button on your Homelink either the LED is dead (not very likely) or the unit itself is dead for some reason.

Looks like you will have to go to the dealer for this one. Hopefully your RX is still under warranty as a new visor will be fairly expensive (several hundred $$).

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Tom