Gx470 Tires

jake

Bought an 04 GX470 at end of December 03. Have had many 4x4 vehicles in past, and was unhappy with the way the vehicle stopped and turned on snow covered roads. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires.

I was looking at the Michelin Cross Terrain (which Lexus does recommend as a replacement), but also looking at Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo which I have read some very good reviews about, but Lexus has no recommendation for this tire.

Anyone have experience with these tires, especially the A/T Revo?

Thanks, Jake

Well, I can only comment on the Michelin Cross Terrians. I tow a snowmobile in the winter time and they were flawless in the snow. That tire coupled with the GX's 4-Wheel Drive System, makes it a dream in the winter conditions.

Ice is another matter though, and any tire (unless it is an ice specific tire) will slip on icy roads and does.

What exact size tire do you need jake? The Michelins are an excellent choice but there maybe a couple others I can weed out. Is snow one of your main concerns or wet weather performance too? Will you be taking it off road?

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

michelin cross terrains are the best. mine, at 20k, has about 10/32 left, and the original was 11/32! i was a bit surprised when my service advisor yesterday told me that! only thing, brakes are going fast! i'm more than half way done! :chairshot:

Bought an 04 GX470 at end of December 03. Have had many 4x4 vehicles in past, and was unhappy with the way the vehicle stopped and turned on snow covered roads. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires.

I was looking at the Michelin Cross Terrain (which Lexus does recommend as a replacement), but also looking at Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo which I have read some very good reviews about, but Lexus has no recommendation for this tire.

Anyone have experience with these tires, especially the A/T Revo?

Thanks, Jake

Hey Jake...

I Have AT/Revo on my other jeep... they r nice tires on snow as well as if you take them offroad.... they have a decent wet driving comfort too..

but the only negative is that they r very noisy on highway driving... since GX is already a noisy suv on high speeds... tires make it ridiculous... but it depends on the use.

And personally i think switchin from duelers to cross terrains is only advisable if lexus is compensating for the switch. if not, then i would recommend that you consider TOYO"S. They r fabolous tires.